Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Nissan Navara D22 Canopy

Long shot,

I am after a 2nd hand canopy for a 2010 Nissan Navara D22 double cab.

Cheers

Ring around the wreckers or look on Trademe for a ute being dismantled and see what you can get. Allow for a few hundy to colour match it, and then there's fitting but if you are handy you can add it on yourself.

A lot of these version canopies are the moulded plastic type which never aged well, and either smashed the rear or side glasses or cracked the plastic shell. I did what you are looking at doing, and got a buggered one for $40 (luckily with all glass intact) and glued up the plastic cracks, and replaced the mounting frame rails and fitted it and glued it on myself. Got a mate to colour code it in the paint trade, total cost was about $600 whereas a new one would have been around $2800 + paint if I recall the figures correctly.

Having said that, do seriously consider the benefits of the newer design fibreglass no-leak or pressed steel canopies with the integral central locking, inbuilt lighting and the like. They really are worth the money you pay for them! I've been meaning to run some LED's into the rear of my Ranger, in series with the internal lights in the cab so the computer doesn't see the LED's as a short or no-resistance connection.