Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By tommygun

Thread: Old Winchester 32cal repeater

Old Winchester 32cal repeater

Hi all I'm considering selling a rifle that was given to me it's a old Winchester 32 cal with removable mag it's semi automatic dated 1905 what sort of price would this be worth fairly good nick will get photos soon

Does it look like this?: Name:  1905.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  4.1 KB

I think you'll find 1905 is the model, to work out the age you can look up the serial number under model 1905 here: http://www.winchesterguns.com/conten...-Documents.pdf

That's the one bro

P38
    @Cody.a

These rifles were manufactured up to about 1920 and were chambered in 32wsl (Winchester self loading) or 35wsl

The price will depend on the condition and the model as there was a standard model and a delux model produced and if there is any accessories fitted like a factory fitted tang sight ect.

It will also depend on the overall condition of the rifle

From a collectors point of view condition is everything.
    The position in the production run I.e. First one or last one made if it can be verified will make a difference.
    If you have original ammo in the original boxes that will also make a difference

Have a look on Gun Broker to get an idea on what it may be worth.
    winchester 1905 For Sale

If you know any collectors or get in touch with Carvells Carvells Gun Auctions
    or Militaria auctions Militaria Auction

They may be able to appraise this and or sell it for you

Cheers
    Pete
    Arguing with an Engineer is like Wrestling a Pig in Mud.

After awhile you realise the Pig loves it.

see if you can find Chaz Forsyth ...he down your way and knows a thing or two about bangsticks.
    whatever you decide to do please have a good look around before selling it as rifles like that dont come along every day.
    tommygun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    see if you can find Chaz Forsyth ...he down your way and knows a thing or two about bangsticks.
    whatever you decide to do please have a good look around before selling it as rifles like that dont come along every day.
    Make sure you have a few spare hours if you want to have a chat with Chaz =)

He can probably be reached through the Dunedin NZDA, or the University, there's another collector I know through work who is probably into things in that time period, next time I see him I'll ask if he knows what it might be worth and what features might effect its value.
    Last edited by tommygun; 28-11-2016 at 12:10 AM.

I spoke to Graham the collector a couple days ago. He's seen a few M1905's in that calibre sell on tardme and various auctions and reckons one would be worth about $750 if it were in really good condition, and closer to $450 if average/ok. He said they aren't worth as much in South America and NZ because they were very popular in both countries and there are a few still kicking around, but ironically it would be worth more if you sold it in the US despite being made there, as a smaller proportion of American shooters bought them in the first instance.
    Tommy likes this.