Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tommygun

Thread: Parker Hale TX1200 .308 target rifle

Parker Hale TX1200 .308 target rifle

I am very soon going to need to front up with the deposit for a house, so I am selling some of my toys. This rifle has been one of my favourites for several years; 23" barrel (not the original barrel as it has no markings) 1 in 14 twist as far as I can tell. Mauser 98 action (a Santa Barbara Mauser action was used in these rifles if I recall) and adjustable trigger. These rifles and the sniper rifles based on them (British M82 and Canadian C3) have a good reputation. This one has had the stock thinned so it is the same width at the end of the fore-end as it is at the action, and the original butt pad is missing, I have made it work by duct-taping another one on. The magazine has been modified so it holds four rounds, like the military versions (original TX's were single shot) but when four rounds are loaded the bolt can sometimes not pick the forth up if loaded too far forward or back in the magazine, however other than that it has given me zero problems with feeding or extraction for many hundreds of rounds. I took it out to the range last weekend and confirmed it will still shoot MOA or better at 100m, I will do this again this weekend and post photos. I thought I could see a bit of rust in the barrel a while back but after a good clean I can't see anything, it may have been rust, or powder residue, or just bits of dust/dirt stuck to the oil in the barrel, I don't know. In any case, despite it still shooting well I would be looking at re-barrelling it in the near future anyway; this barrel was on it when I bought it and I reckon I'd have put maybe 1000 rounds through it. The long action length is handy as you can load projectiles out quite far and they still fit in the mag. The rifle is threaded 1/2x20 for the Sonic 45 suppressor shown, the scope on it is a Bushnell Elite Tactical 10x40, which I've been impressed with for the money (I have two of them in fact, the other is for sale too), at this point I'm after $500 for the rifle, plus $300 for either the scope or suppressor, or $1000 the lot.

Name:  P1020323.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  588.5 KBName:  P1020321.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  592.2 KBName:  P1020322.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  640.4 KBName:  P1020323.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  588.5 KB
    jim160 likes this.

Been unable to get down to the range; had a date last Saturday and was hunting the weekend before. I'll try to throw together some handloads before this weekend and shoot some groups. Also happy for interested parties to test-fire, I'm in Dunedin.
    Cheers, Tom