Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 40bung

Thread: Peltor Tactical Sport Earmuffs

LOC

Peltor Tactical Sport Earmuffs

Peltor Muffs in perfect condition. 18 months old and only used a handful of times. Comes with a pair of bright orange covers. $200 incl tracked postage

note: if anyone wants these immediately I can post tomorrow, otherwise I will be completely out of contact from Saturday morning to next Thursday. So next available postage day will be Thurs 25 May

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  554.9 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender 2.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  950.8 KB

Do they come with a hygiene kit?

I assume you upgraded to the MSA Sordins?
    You cannot miss fast enough!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GPREventsNZ/
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sgil045

MSL
    like these?

LOC
    haven't noticed a hygiene kit lying around anywhere at my place sorry @Gillie

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    like these?
    Last edited by LOC; 18-05-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Ejected
    If you did buy the MSA Sordins then can you let us know what you think of them. I have the howard leighs but would be keen to upgrade to better muffs if the noise reduction and sound quality was better.

I had peltor 6s for years. Great muff but no good in the wet. Curiously brought the Howard. Rubbish in comparison. Way too much treble and not as good fit around the ear. Got sordins WITH the silicon ear pads. Oh my God, night and day better. Water proof too. Folks who boo hoo the sordin are just sour that they were hell bent on the cheaper ones. Once you try you won't go back. Just MY opinion.

Sent from my S7e
    R93 and kokako like this.

LOC
    SPF, cheers

LOC
    @MassiveAttack just wanted to have the peltors sold before commenting on the sordins so it didn't sound like a sales pitch of sorts

only had the sordin's on for half an hour last night while the missus thought i was a weirdo walking around the house.
    i actually find the peltors more comfortable so far - whilst the gel pad feels great the clasp of the sordins is firm and started making the muscle on my lower jaw ache a bit even after half an hour
    construction of the sordin is slightly better quality, better headband, they sound clearer but almost a bit hyper-real. the microphone cut out is slightly too sensitive for my liking (hard soles shoe on wooden floors made it cut it out), i'm told better battery life which is good news. they don't fold as small as the peltors
    definitely a more premium product, but will need to wear them for a bit longer in the field to work out if i prefer them or not. worth twice the price? for the waterproof aspect alone possibly yes
    pretty hard to fault the peltors though

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by LOC View Post
    @MassiveAttack just wanted to have the peltors sold before commenting on the sordins so it didn't sound like a sales pitch of sorts

only had the sordin's on for half an hour last night while the missus thought i was a weirdo walking around the house.
    i actually find the peltors more comfortable so far - whilst the gel pad feels great the clasp of the sordins is firm and started making the muscle on my lower jaw ache a bit even after half an hour
    construction of the sordin is slightly better quality, better headband, they sound clearer but almost a bit hyper-real. the microphone cut out is slightly too sensitive for my liking (hard soles shoe on wooden floors made it cut it out), i'm told better battery life which is good news. they don't fold as small as the peltors
    definitely a more premium product, but will need to wear them for a bit longer in the field to work out if i prefer them or not. worth twice the price? for the waterproof aspect alone possibly yes
    pretty hard to fault the peltors though
    Good to know. Some of the amazon reviews said they were tight on people with big heads (i.e. me) so interesting that you found them a bit firm.

Re Peltor Airmuffs

If anyone wants a price on the Tactical (high end muffs) just ask for a price.
    Don't have in stock but can get in with the monthly orders from Europe.
    My prices look good - but you will need to wait.

European Optics from Europe

LOC
    yeah i'm one of those last notch on the baseball cap kinda heads too

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    Good to know. Some of the amazon reviews said they were tight on people with big heads (i.e. me) so interesting that you found them a bit firm.

Hey mate these still available?

don't look very tacticool to me wheres all the different mounts for torches and lasers and all the other tactiwank accesories