Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree34Likes
  • 9 Post By cookie
  • 2 Post By 223nut
  • 15 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 1 Post By HuntGatherRepeat
  • 1 Post By Russian 22.
  • 2 Post By TheJanitar
  • 1 Post By Rich007
  • 3 Post By Marty Henry

Thread: PLB offer

PLB offer

The Central North Island Sika Foundation (CNISF)is offering this great price on a plb.
    We are trying to promote the safety aspect of carrying a plb while hunting, fishing, tramping, Farming....
    We are not clipping the ticket on this we just think everyone should own one.
    At $319 delivered ( RD xtra $5) this is a great price.
    Specs below
    PLB FEATURES
    Frequencies: 406.040MHz and 121.500MHz (homing signal)
    GPS: Location updated every 5 mins
    Transmit time: At least 24 hour operation once activated
    Battery: Non hazmat LiFe02, 20 year shelf life, 10 year replacement
    Battery Replacement: $150AUD plus shipping FREE Battery Replacement if used in a Genuine emergency (subject to KTI's terms and conditions)
    Weight:140g
    Size: 88mm x 64mm x 31mm
    Accuracy: Limited only by COSPAS-SARSAT system
    Approvals: COSPAS-SARSAT T.001 class II TAC 255, AS/NZS 4280.2
    Protocol: Programmable to all applicable COSPAS-SARSAT message formats
    Strobe: Greater than 1cd, 20 flashes per minute
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    The PLB is New Zealand 512 UIN Coded for NZ beacon registration.
    the PLB is IP67 rated and saltwater corrosion resistant up to a depth of 3 meters for an hour.
    Self-buoyant without external flotation.
    Non-hazmat battery, safe for air transport.
    High-intensity LED strobe.
    Impact-resistant case and retention lanyard.
    and mirror.
    Unique 10-year battery replacement interval. 20-year battery life, 10-year warranty.
    The PLB has a 66 channel GPS (3-metre accuracy). This GPS location is updated and transmitted directly to the worldwide satellite distress network every five minutes.
    The PLB transmits at 121.5 MHz for rapid homing by aircraft or land search and rescue teams.
    There is no subscription fee, direct communication to national SAR authorities worldwide for the PLB.
    Each PLB comes with a retention lanyard and travel case.
    Dimensions    W: 64mm D: 31mm H: 88mm
    Weight    140 grams
    Approvals    COSPAS-SARSAT T.001 class II TAC 255, AS/NZS 4280.2
    Protocol    Programmable to all applicable COSPAS-SARSAT message formats
    Condition    New
    Barcode    9345775000031
    Safety beacons are New Zealands preferred supplier of PLB and EPIRB and the PLB are nz coded. Your personal locator beacon nz or EPIRB nz will ensure a speedy rescue. A personal locator beacon is an essential piece of equipment if you are in the wilderness. The KTI SA2G emergency beacons will provide the same level of assurance as the Fastfind 220 GPS PLB Resqlink ,Fastfind 220, ACR PLB. New Zealand Coded Safety Alert Personal Locator Beacons SA2G-NZ 406MHz PLB provide six independent means of rescue and come with a ten-year warranty and battery life guarantee of the plb. Each PLB is supplied with a carry bag, lanyard, whistle and mirror. Keep yourself safe in an emergency when your hunting tramping on the farm or on the water in boat or kayaking you need a personal EPIRB or PLB

PM me or
    johnnjack@actrix.gen.nz
    Rich007, Munsey, Pengy and 6 others like this.

Good on you for doing a bulk buy and getting the word out there
    57jl and cookie like this.

Put me down for one, it can go to auction at Toby's Shoot. Will PM you.

PM inbound.
    cookie likes this.

@TheJanitar I will be saving my pennies

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    cookie likes this.

bump

Have u got a picture of them

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Dont wanna come across as a party pooper but after looking at that barcode, it seems to be identical to the one in my trademe link provided.. just $6 cheaper.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boa...2317f695466347\

EDIT: https://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/cam...a5de0a3509f4d4 heres, what seems to be the same one, for $304.
    By law, you are required to turn on your headlights if it's raining in Sweden.

How the hell am I supposed to know if it's raining in Sweden?

sorry not sure how to attach a pic but if you google KTI plb. Its as small as the ACR one
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by TheJanitar View Post
    Dont wanna come across as a party pooper but after looking at that barcode, it seems to be identical to the one in my trademe link provided.. just $6 cheaper.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boa...2317f695466347\

EDIT: https://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/cam...a5de0a3509f4d4 heres, what seems to be the same one, for $304.
    Yes you could be correct but are they hexed for NZ? My understanding is they are Hexed for Aussie resulting in a 30 minute delay when set off before it is passed on to NZ, also NZ and Aussie are soon to not share the same coding so a cost of up to $90 to rehex to NZ code. If you purchase a Aussie plb the batt will have to be replaced there also.
    Hope this helps.
    As said in our right up we are not making ang money on sale of these we are just trying to get hunters to carry one as a back up if anything goes wrong.
    Cheers

PLB or EPIRB - KASK ~ New Zealand's National Sea Kayaking Body

have a read here and youll see that the time delay issue looks like its misinformation. from what ive read, the response time doesnt seem to be affected by the origin of purchase.

Im not aware of the battery replacement issue, however, and cant comment on that.

May i ask where these PLB's that you are selling originally came from?

Despite this, good on you for making these available on the forum and getting more people to use them! (by that i mean carry them around and not activate )
    Tikka7mm08 and cookie like this.
    By law, you are required to turn on your headlights if it's raining in Sweden.

How the hell am I supposed to know if it's raining in Sweden?

have a read here and youll see that the time delay issue looks like its misinformation. from what ive read, the response time doesnt seem to be affected by the origin of purchase.

Im not aware of the battery replacement issue, however, and cant comment on that.

Despite this, good on you for making these available on the forum and getting more people to use them! (by that i mean carry them around and not activate )
    Purchased from Safety beacons NZ.

good on you cookie
    cookie likes this.
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

That's interesting, it never made sense to me there would be a delay in response time...good MNZ confirmed no such delay would occur. Great initiative, always take mine whether diving or hunting. Fair to say this is a competitive offer rather than a great one.

Its a great initiative, and I hope its well recieved.
    When I bought mine, I had a long conversation with Peter about Oz versus NZ registration and responce time etc.
    All pacific plb traffic is handled by the Canberra ground station that matches the unit signature to a database of registrations and automatically alerts the appropriate country SAR hq. When t becomes available the position of the signal is transmitted as well. This is where the delay talked about can occur as it may take up to 15 minutes to triangulate depending on the topography and number of sattelites in line of sight.
    An oz registered when kicked off here will alert Wellington, and a NZ one on OZ the aust guys as well as welly.
    At the time OZ registration offered some extra features such as the ability to upload a picture of your vehicle/boat, yourself and an itinerary / map of your intended trip all things making the searchers job a little easier.
    This option was going to be made available here at some stage.
    Of course if you dont register it they will still respond but it really helps if they know who to look for and can check it wasnt an accidental trigger.
    Interestingly he said more are set off by people in a group where a serious accident occurs or by individuals coming accross an accident than for personal incidents.
    Tikka7mm08, CooeeBay and cookie like this.