Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Stager BLK

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Fred Fisherman
  • 1 Post By Fred Fisherman

Thread: Popped/Broken/Cheap/Free Thermarest Neoair

Popped/Broken/Cheap/Free Thermarest Neoair

Anyone have a popped or broken torn Thermarest they could be keen to let go for a project I want to try. Or someone have one they want to get rid of cheap? I've got one but would prefer not potentially destroy it.

Will also accept consider other inflatable insulated pads if they are dirt cheap or free.

Cheers

I have one will need to find it all yours when I can find it

Hey there fellas, tell you a little story about the mighty Thermarest Noeair. I bought mine a bit over 14 years ago, great pads with 2 trips through fiordland and numerous west coast missions, amongst a lot of North island trips. Great pad which I looked after well. About 3 or 4 years ago I noticed I need to give it a puff or 2 over night, as by morning my hip would just touch the ground. Despite sinking it numerous times inflated in water to try and find a hole, i just couldnt locate one, damn. A friend mentioned that he had taken his to H&F and they shipped it to someone local who repaired it, so I thought Id give it a try. I dropped it off at H&F and they decided to ship it back to the importer. Well would you believe it, i get a call a couple weeks later from H&F to say they have my Neoair there. So I rock up and would you believe it A BRAND NEW NEOAIR LITE LATEST MODEL. THANK YOU MR THERMAREST, GREAT SERVICE.......I dont know id throw your old thermarest away??
    ANOTHERHUNTER and Moa Hunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    I have one will need to find it all yours when I can find it
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Fisherman View Post
    Hey there fellas, tell you a little story about the mighty Thermarest Noeair. I bought mine a bit over 14 years ago, great pads with 2 trips through fiordland and numerous west coast missions, amongst a lot of North island trips. Great pad which I looked after well. About 3 or 4 years ago I noticed I need to give it a puff or 2 over night, as by morning my hip would just touch the ground. Despite sinking it numerous times inflated in water to try and find a hole, I just couldn't locate one, damn. A friend mentioned that he had taken his to H&F and they shipped it to someone local who repaired it, so I thought Id give it a try. I dropped it off at H&F and they decided to ship it back to the importer. Well would you believe it, i get a call a couple weeks later from H&F to say they have my Neoair there. So I rock up and would you believe it A BRAND NEW NEOAIR LITE LATEST MODEL. THANK YOU MR THERMAREST, GREAT SERVICE.......I dont know id throw your old thermarest away??
    @Fred Fisherman That's good to hear I've not had to make a claim. I've had a Xtherm for the last 4 or 5 years that I highly rate. But have a wee project in mind that requires risking ruining it.
    @Beanie If you want to try warranty it I wouldn't hold it against you. If you do I may even try convince the importer to let me buy your wrecked one.

Hi Stocky, apologies, I didnt mean to derail your project just saying I was surprised they replaced mine after so long. Im sure one will come up for you, and yep you probably could approach the agent (Ampro sales) for an old returned one. Cheers, fred.
    Stocky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Fisherman View Post
    Hi Stocky, apologies, I didnt mean to derail your project just saying I was surprised they replaced mine after so long. Im sure one will come up for you, and yep you probably could approach the agent (Ampro sales) for an old returned one. Cheers, fred.
    Nah dont worry at all mate I knew they were lifetime warranty just thought they excluded punctures and wear and tear. Its good to know anyway in case I ever wear the Xtherm out.

Can’t help I’m afraid, but this project sounds intriguing

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie Z View Post
    Can’t help I’m afraid, but this project sounds intriguing
    Its really not that complicated or breath taking and I'll post a thread after but dont want to put the idea out here it until after I've got a pad

A secret inflatable object you're making in the shed. The mind boggles...haha