Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 6x47

Thread: Post in Chch (Half round tanalised)

Post in Chch (Half round tanalised)

I sourced a heap of half round posts for a project landscaping task at home. My plans have taken a different direction and it seems these are now surplus to requirements. I guess there is about 50, probably more.

$4 each

All are about 1.8m long and about 150 diameter (6 to 8 inch half rounds x 6ft ish) Almost all have a jagged broken end at one end. The still have the nails in them from where they were holding up grapes. They have not rotted and were removed from the vineyard due to being broken.

Anyone building a small retaining wall or wanting garden edging? I was going to use them as Fence paling's like a log fence......And I was going to clad a garden shed with them (expecting a very solid walls and fence ...)

If I go to the trouble of de-nailing them I will sell them a bit dearer. This will happen later if I get the time.

I can easily arrange delivery for a modest charge, but better if picked up as then you can select which ones you would prefer and "pick out the nicer ones".

Name:  IMG20180510143046.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  1.80 MB
    Name:  IMG20180510143030.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  4.33 MB

Some of those harvester jockeys have the finesse of a pissed mammoth
    timattalon and Sako851 like this.

Could be keen, pm imcomimg

I have another trailer load here so now have around 70. If anyone wants them for the garden, I will still do them for $4 each. And I can help with delivery for a bit of gas money and I have the gear to denail if anyone needs this done. I would charge a wee bit more for the denailing, but depending on what you do with them, you may only need to de nail one side. My plans ae on Hiatus for a while but I am able to source more later so if anyone wants some, PM me and we can go from there....

I will possibly list the on trademe later and at a better price for me....so this offer is for forum member before I go down that track...

Going onto trade me now at $5 each but if you approach me through the thread the price will be still what it is here which is $4 each. And I can arrange fairly cheap delivery around Christchurch if needed. (essentially cheaper than hiring a trailer....)
    Last edited by timattalon; 24-06-2018 at 01:26 PM.

I've got another 50 in again. If anyone missed out last time....Again, $4 each through here or $5 on trade me.

Things must be tight down Canty way,up in Marlborough most vineyards will give them away just to get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by woods223 View Post
    Things must be tight down Canty way,up in Marlborough most vineyards will give them away just to get rid of them.
    Yup. Its just that there are a) far more people in Chch and b) much smaller vineyards in Canterbury . There is no shortage of posts up there and the vineyards in Blenheim are happy to get rid of them. But down here, the vineyards dont have as many (and I do not think they have better harvester drivers....) and a lot more people want them. I drag these down from Blenheim when I get up there and the few $ I get for them is enough to cover the fuel bringing them back. I have a use for them so if they dont sell in the meantime, I will use them and not worry about taking the trailer next time. I tried one of the local vineyards and they were charging for them and they were all twisted from lying in the wet grass then the sun. The ones in Blenheim are staked high which helps keep them straight and I can pick the better ones when I am there rather than take what I am offered down here.

I have around 35 left if anyone is still interested. Still on Yellow site at $5 each, but $4 each through here.