Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By keenbloke

Thread: Rem 700 LR 300 Win Mag

Rem 700 LR 300 Win Mag

Hey team, Iíve got a Remington 700 LR 300 Win Mag for sale. Rifle has had 120 rounds through it which were all factory loads as I was trying to find what it liked best. Has been bedded by dean maisey and has one of his megamax muzzle breaks on it that sorts out the recoil and makes it a pleasure to shoot. Also has a timney trigger on it but is at the factory weight as I wanted to see what it felt like before having it adjusted if required. Comes with a 20 MOA talley picatinny rail, nightforce ultralite low 30mm rings and a sightron S3 6x24-50 MOA reticle. I got it as an open country tops rifle for when I headed back down south but am now back at university and am doing all close country stuff. After $3500 for the lot
    Name:  IMG_5134 [520880].JPG
Views: 605
Size:  581.8 KBName:  IMG_5135 [520882].JPG
Views: 500
Size:  545.1 KBName:  IMG_5136 [520884].JPG
Views: 572
Size:  618.9 KBName:  IMG_5140 [520892].JPG
Views: 550
Size:  608.2 KBName:  IMG_5139 [520890].JPG
Views: 496
Size:  411.2 KBName:  IMG_5141 [520894].JPG
Views: 529
Size:  596.1 KB
    jim160 likes this.

Bump, $3400

Bump

Not to be a waste of time as I can't afford your rifle, But what does a 3 shot group like with your best load? Just out of curiosity

@Shahin No worries,. Without the break it was averaging about a 2 1/2 - 3 inch spread with the first lot of ammo that I tried. Did some dry shooting and saw that I had developed a flinch which didn't help. Once the break was on there I was getting a 1 inch spread at 200 meters and a 1/2 inch spread with hornady superformance 165g GMX rounds. Every round that I put through it was factory and was with the factory trigger so with some reloading and a better shooter I reackon youd be able to punch it through one hole.

Quote Originally Posted by keenbloke View Post
    @Shahin No worries,. Without the break it was averaging about a 2 1/2 - 3 inch spread with the first lot of ammo that I tried. Did some dry shooting and saw that I had developed a flinch which didn't help. Once the break was on there I was getting a 1 inch spread at 200 meters and a 1/2 inch spread with hornady superformance 165g GMX rounds. Every round that I put through it was factory and was with the factory trigger so with some reloading and a better shooter I reackon youd be able to punch it through one hole.
    Thanks mate! I hope to buy one of these someday soon but just wondering the performance of the grouping for the remington hahaha. Hopefully you get to sell it for your price soon

Cheers @Shahin. I'm not to fussed if it doesn't sell because it's the only rifle I have at the moment so I'd have nothing for the toby shoot haha