Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tuckerbox

Thread: Ruger 10/22 Stainless, Suppressed - Also looking for feedback or alternatives

Ruger 10/22 Stainless, Suppressed - Also looking for feedback or alternatives

I have been debating between these two 10/22 options - but before I buy I thought I might post here and see if others here have anything similar or alternatives for sale - or have any feedback or suggestions on these 2 guns

22LR Ruger 10/22 Stainless/Hogue 16" with Scope 3-9x42 and HP Bravehart Suppressor - https://www.guncity.com/22lr-ruger-1...pressor-333860
    or
    22 LR Ruger 10/22 Stainless/Hogue 16", 3-9x42, HP Bravehart Suppressor, Laser - https://www.guncity.com/22lr-ruger-1...r-laser-350256

Hi, just a question, are you just using guncity as an example of what you are looking at, or do you intend purchasing from guncity.
    Cheers
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Browning View Post
    Hi, just a question, are you just using guncity as an example of what you are looking at, or do you intend purchasing from guncity.
    Cheers
    Either and or both - It really depends on what else I can find around - Gun city do seem the the the best at listing their prices on line.

Its also alot harder to to compare online given tardeme has taken all their listings for these down

Or spend 450 and get the one I’m selling on here.
    humvee likes this.

I would just pop in their shop and see which one feels right for you, since you are in chch..
    I do have the fully suppressed one and am very happy with it.
    I wouldn't buy the one with the silver scope on top,- it just doesn't look right.
    Or you can stay within 300 yards and keep life a lot simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerbox View Post
    Or spend 450 and get the one I’m selling on here.
    yours did tempt me.... but not quite enough to say "ill buy it" since it wasn't quite what I wanted - but I was close

FWIW I never use the laser on mine

+1 for the laser I never use mine save your money

Quote Originally Posted by humvee View Post
    Either and or both - It really depends on what else I can find around - Gun city do seem the the the best at listing their prices on line.
    I have to agree, guncity do seem to be the best for listing prices, in fact their website while old and outdated does much better than the majority of similar websites. Gun shops really need to see the importance of that and get their act together. I have been told guncity are a bit more expensive, but it makes it hard when no one else posts prices to compare them with.

My experience with guncity is that a number of times I have been in there looking at what they have advertised, they never seem to have it in stock (although their website says it is) and always up-sell to try and get you into something you dont really want. While that may work on some people, it has made me walk away more than once.

I did eventually purchase from there though, and after getting it sighted in and shooting quite well for a month or so, found I couldnt hit a thing. When I went to get it checked at the range, found all the scope ring screws were loose (not sloppy loose, but loose enough). So wasnt overly impressed.

It has put me off purchasing there. I would go in and have a look and see what fits or maybe buy ammo if Im passing, but I would go elsewhere to purchase a rifle or accessories I think.

Anyway, just my thoughts. Good luck with your purchase, you cant go wrong with a 10/22, good reliable .22s (provided the govt dont decide to steal it on the next round of law reform). I will probably look at one myself when they come and collect and pay for my existing .22.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.