Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Ruger 10/22 stainless synthetic takedown red dot

Ruger 10/22 stainless synthetic takedown red dot

Take down 10/22 , 18 months old , barely used , threaded , Bushnell Red Dot , carry bag / pack and manuals. New condition , Save $500 on new $750
    xb351gt@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Might get a bit more response if you introduce yourself first @levels.

We are a cagey bunch here and like to know who we are trading with. It's reassuring to know something about you as at this time, for all we know, you could just be a light footed 15 year old burglar from Timaru....

Love to hear a bit about yourself.

Cheers
    Phil
    tetawa, bigbear and Ftx325 like this.

Great to see you become a member here as T/M won't list your semi .22, welcome.
    rugerman and LookingForMauser like this.

yep we get a few new members because of it so thanks tard me.

So if I'm "saving $500 on new $750" it is for sale for $250 ?

Matzka07
    If its $250 I will take it!. Ah punctuation the difference between helping uncle Jack, off a horse and helping uncle jack off a horse

Huge assumption , but incorrect .

As above @levels, you will get a much better response if we know you aren't really a Stuff/NZ Herald reporter or a Nigerian scam artist.

PS, welcome to the forum.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Terribly sorry to cast so much suspicion. I filled out the detailed application for membership and followed all instructions. I never saw a suggestion to introduce myself but obviously it is very important to you. I assumed that giving personal details on a firearm forum would be deemed inappropriate. Anyway I’m not feeling too welcome so please advise how and where I should “introduce “ myself. Regards Mark

Quote Originally Posted by levels View Post
    Terribly sorry to cast so much suspicion. I filled out the detailed application for membership and followed all instructions. I never saw a suggestion to introduce myself but obviously it is very important to you. I assumed that giving personal details on a firearm forum would be deemed inappropriate. Anyway I’m not feeling too welcome so please advise how and where I should “introduce “ myself. Regards Mark
    top of the home page , there is a thread titled 'introductions' . Just a quick speil about what your into and what floats your boat is usually enough ... pretend your telling your hot date about yourself ( without the exaggerations about your sexual prowess....)
    tetawa, rugerman and levels like this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Welcome to the forum
    I think I paid about 750 for my one but then again that was a while ago now.
    They are pretty accurate if you make sure the windy thing just in front of the receiver is wound up fairly tight. I was a bit sceptical since the scope is not on the barrel, but seems pretty good and goes back with same poi after breaking down and reassembling.

Might be a good idea for the mods to make a pop up when new members join to suggest going to the intro section and saying howdy do

Good luck with your sale, and if you stick around you might also get a bit out of the forum
    hunter Al.7mm08 and levels like this.

Good bunch of people here generally.
    lots of good info and heaps of help.
    Doesn't come across that well selling a rifle for your first post. Not a good look. Had a few do that and thats all they were here for as they couldnt sell similar stuff on trademe. This forum is based on people with similar interests sticking around and sharing experiences so you can see why people might get a bit cranky
    Get past that and you will find a wealth of knowledge and some real good buggers here
    tetawa, rugerman, Phil_H and 2 others like this.

Thanks for your input , so far I have had criticism of my post and my grammar . I have been branded a scammer and a burglar. If there are protocols then maybe they should be listed so that new members could comply. I understand the reasons but I am disappointed in the approach taken. I have never felt so unwelcome as I do now. How does one go about resigning membership? Not interested in being part of this.

Give everyone a chance to get to know you @levels. @csmiffy is not having a crack at you , he's just trying to explain why some can be a little suspicious of new members , particularly when the first post is to sell an item that can't be listed on TM.
    Don't take it personally mate.
    They are a good group of guys here who will help you out however they can once they get to know you.
    All they ask is that you get involved and post a few entertaining stories and share your experience and knowledge.
    We were all in your shoes once but if you participate and let everyone get to know you you won't have any problems.
    How about you add a hunting story and some pics so everyone knows you share their passion for the outdoors and see what happens.....
    rugerman, Mintie, Phil_H and 1 others like this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Yup what ftx said.
    I'm sorry you have felt attacked and my post was trying to smooth the waters.
    You didn't pay a membership so nothing to rescind.
    I still reckon you stick around to get a proper measure of the people here but otherwise it is as simple as not coming back

Quote Originally Posted by levels View Post
    Thanks for your input , so far I have had criticism of my post and my grammar . I have been branded a scammer and a burglar. If there are protocols then maybe they should be listed so that new members could comply. I understand the reasons but I am disappointed in the approach taken. I have never felt so unwelcome as I do now. How does one go about resigning membership? Not interested in being part of this.
    I'll ask you one question, would you have joined the forum if you could have sold the 10/22 on Trade Me.
    rugerman, mikee and keengunNic like this.