Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Rural internet setup

All you see on picture. 10 m cable, wireless gizmo MF910, roof mount. Just needs a spark sim card and your good to go.
    Selling as 3G coverage have been improved.
    $150

Name:  20161115_134938.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  524.8 KB
    Last edited by Boar Freak; 15-11-2016 at 02:05 PM.

Any details on antenna? any idea on postage cost to Motueka?

Quote Originally Posted by k262626 View Post
    Any details on antenna? any idea on postage cost to Motueka?
    Hey,

its a AY15 3G/4G. Bought it from Cellutronics. It is a high gain log periodic antenna (radome protected) which does the complete frequency range from 700-2700MHz. AY15 does Spark XT850/UMTS2100MHz, Vodafone GSM900/2100MHz UMTS, LTE700/1800/2700, 2Degrees 900/2100HZ UMTS. All at once.

Will check the postage for you in the morning.
    Nothing is tough about having a 70 lb bow and looking like an uncoordinated praying mantis while trying to draw it back.

Ejected
    I have the same wifi hotspot and it's a good one. Thats a good deal for someone.

Hey I'll grab it pm me details.

SPF
    Nothing is tough about having a 70 lb bow and looking like an uncoordinated praying mantis while trying to draw it back.

A mate of mine down in the Waikato (out past Waitomo) was on the 4G 700 trial on Spark/Skinny and has been getting 32Mb upstream and downstream which seems like the ducks nuts to me, given I've been putting up with sub 1mb in the outskirts of Auckland on ADSL 2+

See if you can get access to either of those oh! and Skinny was doing some really cheap prepay data deals too - which would make it well worthwhile...

Ejected
    To get the 60gb data for $55 deal you need to be running the Spark router so you can't get that on a sim card for this hotspot sadly. You may be able to reuse the aerial. The best deal I have found is Skinnys (same network as Spark) 5gb for $60 data pack which is only available for their data only sims.

I have fiber in my house (100\20mb) and for another $45 a month they will upgrade my plan to 1000mb down, 500mb up, unlimited. Fast internets is good...

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    To get the 60gb data for $55 deal you need to be running the Spark router so you can't get that on a sim card for this hotspot sadly. You may be able to reuse the aerial. The best deal I have found is Skinnys (same network as Spark) 5gb for $60 data pack which is only available for their data only sims.

I have fiber in my house (100\20mb) and for another $45 a month they will upgrade my plan to 1000mb down, 500mb up, unlimited. Fast internets is good...
    Fiber would be great, but I don't think it will get here in the next 10 years. We're using farmside, 106 bucks 170GB and phone. It's not a wow deal but good enough. The system have been updated around a year ago, before I had to climb up the phone water tank hill or on the roof to make a call.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Boar Freak View Post
    Fiber would be great, but I don't think it will get here in the next 10 years. We're using farmside, 106 bucks 170GB and phone. It's not a wow deal but good enough. The system have been updated around a year ago, before I had to climb up the phone water tank hill or on the roof to make a call.
    Skinny are now offering 100gb for $52 so it's getting cheaper. This is their cunning plan to stop paying network fees to Chrous by avoiding the whole copper network entierly and it's a good one.

What I want to know is how they can sell wireless data for 50c a GB yet it still costs me $20 a GB on my phone...

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    Skinny are now offering 100gb for $52 so it's getting cheaper. This is their cunning plan to stop paying network fees to Chrous by avoiding the whole copper network entierly and it's a good one.

What I want to know is how they can sell wireless data for 50c a GB yet it still costs me $20 a GB on my phone...
    Exactly right mate - Dedicated service Sim and get around the local loop charges for Chorus if they bring back through Mircowave link or their own (Spark Fibre) to the Optical gear in the Exchanges or POI direct they don't need to pay interconnect or for site kit in the exchange which is where Chorus charge from. If they then run it back to a central area to manage handover within their network and onwards onto their local caches and International interconnection they have minimised any non internal overheads. Pretty simple!! What user are able to use it for e.g internet, video, telephony - they don't care! also with less hop's and kit to navigate potentially less down time and better trip ping times .

regarding Mobile v fixed there's a premium for mobile data - because they can - Simple as that... and they can vet this as most smart phones (with mobile telephony native) don't have multi sims inside so you can't sign up for both services and use the single device... Sneeakky sneeeaky eh and this has been deliberately been asked for by the networks BTW.