Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Safes

Safes

Various safes for sale by a 3rd party just south of Auckland.

All are ex-ATM safes with dials. Most are 10mm walls and 20mm door. There's a couple that are 25mm walls and super thick (100mm?) Doors. A few holes in them for bolts. Slots that have been welded over with a lighter gauge of steel. Various dimensions, but all too short for long guns. Suitable for ARs tho. Some have stepped tops, so the internal space has two different heights. The first one in the images has internal dimensions of 96x61x45cm.

The seller is moving in a fortnight and wants them gone. $100 each. PM me if you want his contact details, but I won't post them here.

If they are rated to E-Cat then I'm keen for one, the first one in particular.

Not home until the 28th, could collect then.

Please PM me.

Cheers Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Double Shot View Post
    If they are rated to E-Cat then I'm keen for one, the first one in particular.
    Sorry, the first one is the one I bought, shown as an example. I didn't make it clear that it's not for sale. The others are similar, but not the same. Dimensions vary. They are plenty thick enough for E-cat, but do not have engineering certificates or any sort of Police approval to back that up. I doubt they'll have any trouble passing inspection, but buyers need to sort their own arrangements in this regard.

I got myself one of these. Will boot the BCE requirements right out of the park
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Weight?
    Estimated 400kg for the 'thin' (10mm) ones. Easily 1 ton for the thick ones.

He will drop them on a ute/trailer for you though. He is a super good bastard
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

I have one of the heavier ones. It's approx 25mm walls and a solid 40mm door. Mine is taller than shown and I can easily fit in full-length guns and still have a 150mm deep drawer at the bottom. Modified it to have a slide-out three-row rack. Weight is DEF in the region of a tonne. You need some decent gear to shift them..

I'm guessing my ribraft floor will struggle to handle a heavy one

Especially if you drop it like the seller is going to do when he loads it onto your trailer...

Depending on where the safe is going you might luck in and get a solid rib under the safe, but even if it does crush it's a reasonably simple repair (if you are still allowed to do anything to your own house now...).