Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Frogfeatures
  • 1 Post By ckp
  • 2 Post By ckp
  • 2 Post By jakewire

Thread: Saiga 223

  1. #1
    ckp
    ckp is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Queenstown
    Posts
    38

    Saiga 223

    G'day,

    I am looking for a Saiga 223. Preferably near new condition.
    Would also prefer trigger forward, dimpled reciever, and 16 inch barrel.
    A or E cat is OK.

    I anyone knows of one such item sitting in a safe, that could be for sale, I'd be keen to
    hear about it.

    Thanks
    ckp

  2. #2
    Bah, humbug ! Frogfeatures's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, until I can escape south....
    Posts
    757
    First post ?
    Head over to the ‘introductions thread’, and tell us a bit about yourself.
    Someone randomly popping up, wanting to buy a MSSA, with no locality on their profile, is going to raise eyebrows.
    Welcome to the Forum anyway.
    Cyclops likes this.
    He nui to ngaromanga, he iti to putanga.

    You depart with mighty boasts, but you come back having done little.
    Sounds like a typical hunting trip !

  3. #3
    ckp
    ckp is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Queenstown
    Posts
    38
    No nefarious motivation, and I apologise to anyone whose eyebrow muscles I have strained. I will knock out a bit of an intro when I get home from work. Bit hard typing on my phone here in rainy Queenstown.
    Frogfeatures likes this.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    kaiapoi
    Posts
    2,248
    Quote Originally Posted by ckp View Post
    No nefarious motivation, and I apologise to anyone whose eyebrow muscles I have strained. I will knock out a bit of an intro when I get home from work. Bit hard typing on my phone here in rainy Queenstown.
    That was a better response than the last guy called out on a similar matter. his wasn't bad but at least you apologised.
    Well done-they are a good bunch here and there is a lot of piss taking done especially if you shoot a 270. Be fore warned Lol

  5. #5
    Member jim160's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    2,003
    Does it have to be a Saiga?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    26
    If you’d own a .223 nhm90 check out Gunsnz website they have them for $805

  7. #7
    ckp
    ckp is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Queenstown
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    That was a better response than the last guy called out on a similar matter. his wasn't bad but at least you apologised.
    Well done-they are a good bunch here and there is a lot of piss taking done especially if you shoot a 270. Be fore warned Lol
    In my 50 years of shooting experience, without exception, those who would malign the .270 WIN are weak minded individuals with poor shooting skills
    and questionable moral standards. However, generally it is a cruel twist of genetics or serious head injury that has left them like that so I try not to judge.
    300_BLK and Steve123 like this.

  8. #8
    ckp
    ckp is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Queenstown
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by jim160 View Post
    Does it have to be a Saiga?
    Yeah, I've got a bee in my bonnet about a Saiga 223 to go with my 7.62

  9. #9
    Caretaker jakewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    here
    Posts
    5,647
    Quote Originally Posted by ckp View Post
    In my 50 years of shooting experience, without exception, those who would malign the .270 WIN are weak minded individuals with poor shooting skills
    and questionable moral standards. However, generally it is a cruel twist of genetics or serious head injury that has left them like that so I try not to judge.
    Mate, looks like you'll fit in quite well, you'll be able to share the load, Brads and Ryan are in desperate need of support no matter the brave faces.

    And Oh
    Welcome in.
    Cyclops and csmiffy like this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

  10. #10
    Member jim160's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by ckp View Post
    Yeah, I've got a bee in my bonnet about a Saiga 223 to go with my 7.62
    OK. I just have a NHM90 in 223 I would be willing to sell.

  11. #11
    ckp
    ckp is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Queenstown
    Posts
    38
    bump

  12. #12
    ckp
    ckp is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Queenstown
    Posts
    38
    btt

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    26
    Mate there’s one on trademe for $1300 at the moment

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. why can't I get a saiga 308?
    By bbbrad in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-10-2016, 10:27 PM
  2. Saiga 12 yes or no?
    By Chilli_Dog in forum Shotgunning
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 25-06-2016, 11:44 AM
  3. saiga 12 owner please help, my new saiga mag will not lock ?
    By cj0819 in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 16-06-2014, 07:02 PM
  4. WTB SAIGA 12
    By zombie hunter in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2013, 10:47 PM
  5. SKS vs SKK vs Saiga ???
    By Brennos in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 23-12-2011, 06:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!