Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Sako 75 Finnlights.....plus other stuff.. REPOSTING..

I am going to sell my Sakos to fund the start of a Blaser direction...Unfortunately more than one is required to get one new R8..

I didn't think that I would be doing this, I put together these rifles with intention of them being my perfect set of calibres...

A great opportunity to get into some very nice units...

1. Sako 75 Finnlight short action 6.5x47 lapua, in black finnlight stock. New Trueflight No 2 fluted 19.5" barrel. 1:8 twist Threaded for suppressor. Set up as my bushgun at normal SA finnlight length.
    SS Conetrol low mounts low and currently mounted with Leupy VX3 1.5x5. Scope for sale as well but can be sold separate.. Mounts can go with rifle if required... a very nice wee rifle. Quiet out of can
    (GW duralium keeping it). Currently set up with barnes TTSX 100g @ 3005 fps. Accurate, last time checked 3 shots bipod on grass under 0.5 inch not trying too hard, at 105 paces.... just over 100 rounds
    through barrel.

Very good way to get into a very nice already set up 6.5x47... ready for can of your choice or not...

2 Sako 75 Finnlight SS long action 6.5x55 Ackley Imp. Set up on standard 6.5x55 rifle with new No 2 fluted 24" barrel. 1:8 twist. Threaded for suppressor. Still playing around with loads after fireforming
    brass. Shoots very nicely with 140 amax @ 3050 fireforming. 10mm 3 shot groups and smokes everything you point it at. An excellent performing tops and LR rifle.... Got most of 100 Lapua brass with
    it fireformed which can go with rifle, will save FF for the new owner. Dies are available from redding... i will keep mine. Feeds beautifully no action modifications. Burris picitinny mounts fitted
    (removeable not drilled and tapped). Really like this rifle. Seems to hit everything I point at..

3 Sako 75 SS Custom 222. Rechambered sako barrel. Detachable mag. Mounted in McMillan Edge lightweight stock, Shortish barrel threaded for can. Fluted by Gunworks. Very light wee rifle. 2.7 kgs
    with AV 3x9 scope and Conetrol mounts. Scope staying. Conetrols either with rifle or separate. Used GS custom 35 grain projectiles at 3700 fps. Was going to be trying 45 Barnes TSX
    next..

4 Leupold VX3 1.5-5 matt with german No 4 reticle. Alloy flip up Leupold caps. Off 6.5x47. Don't think that it has any marks on it... very tidy. Not very old..

5 Low SS Conetrol rings and mounts for sako x2 if they don't go with the rifles..

My intention is too try and set up a Blaser system with both of these calibres. I have reamers for both. I will buy a standard 6.5x55, cast the chamber and hope that the neck is a SAAMI 0.298 just like my AI reamer. Not sure how I am going to get a 6.5x47 sorted in the R8 yet.

These are brilliant rifles. There is nothing wrong with them (my wife thinks I am the problem), they shoot very well. I will try and get some pics sorted. Both stocks are reasonably tidy some wear and tear (bought the rifles secondhand. The metal is all good. Gunsmithing by Tony Titheridge in CHCH. If you are interested PM me... prices...?? I want to transact. Realise I am not going to get back what they cost, (bout $3000 each) but if you have been wanting something like these, they have been done well. I am in CHCH if you want to look.

I will post some pics tommorrow..

I have had a slight change of heart with the 222...

I am going to change the stock. I have a very good laminated Sako stock that is on another rifle that I am keeping.... Will put that onto the 222....

Pics to follow shortly..

AB Precision
    We might just have the answer for you re the 2nd barrel/reciver.....if these are simular dave?

R93
    No they are not Abe. Barrels are not interchangable between R93 and R8

6.5x47 Lapua

Conetrol mounts and Leupy VX3 1.5-5 for sale as well.... either with the rifle or seperate..
    Name:  IMG_0575.jpg
Views: 1757
Size:  42.2 KBName:  IMG_0576.jpg
Views: 5107
Size:  42.0 KB
    Last edited by Sidney; 17-06-2012 at 11:57 PM.

6.5x55AI

Scope and bipod not for sale on this one.. EGW rings and Burris picitinny bases can go with this rifle..
    Name:  IMG_0599.jpg
Views: 1551
Size:  24.3 KBName:  IMG_0604.jpg
Views: 5169
Size:  53.3 KB
    Last edited by Sidney; 17-06-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Sako 75 SS - 222 Rem - Rechambered from 223. Gunworks square fluted. Laminated stock. Conetrol Mounts available. Am keeping scope bipod and Can..
    Name:  IMG_0608.jpg
Views: 3678
Size:  45.4 KBName:  IMG_0610.jpg
Views: 7412
Size:  43.0 KBName:  IMG_0612.jpg
Views: 2760
Size:  44.7 KB

Sorry lost all the PMs with the data crash .... you will have to resend them..

Cheers

Bugger you Sidney! I wanted a 6.5 IMP last year but couldn't find one/build one. Why couldn't you have posted these then!

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Hang onto one I'd suggest, probably the 6.5X47L as you are not going to get this in a Blaser config and will not be able to ream out any current barrel offered. The R8 was released to accommodate the larger caliber's like the 500 Jeffery etc as this is their target market (spendy African hunters and big Yank bears etc). Also by retaining one you have two rifles, not one and a bit, could be handy if you need another rifle (kids in my situation). You will get the Swede with a good twist and barrel length and it will also come in a match barrel and I think the 222 as well (I'd just go 223 unless you have an attachment to the treble). The 6.5-284 may be another option but I have heard differing problems with buying barrels and the Match barrel is often out of stock (oh and it also attracts a price premium).
    How are you looking to get these? PM me as I may be able to help.

P.M sent