Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sako 75 stainless bolt shroud, no. IV action

Hi all, trying to find a standard bolt shroud to replace the 'key concept' bolt shroud on a Sako 75 stainless no. IV action, appreciate it if anyone could let me know if theres one you want to get rid of, cheers.

Still looking if anyone has one

Mate, if you find on you also need to cut down the safety indicator on the firing pin or pay Sako 400 for a new firing pin and wait for ever to get it. I think it is the same shroud on the 08, 06 and magnum actions? They certainly all fit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    Mate, if you find on you also need to cut down the safety indicator on the firing pin or pay Sako 400 for a new firing pin and wait for ever to get it. I think it is the same shroud on the 08, 06 and magnum actions? They certainly all fit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Dicko, the firing pin must be gold plated...is it a faff to cut the safety indicator down? Starting to think it's not worth the bother.

Still haven't worked out why they built the key concept system in the first place, it just seems a bit pointless...

Fark knows. Must have been a valid reason at the time.
    Certainly adds a lot of bulk and weight to the bolt.
    I think I used mine once, just to try it out.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Back in the 90s the gun makers were all getting sued in the US. To put the ounces for safety back on consumers and reduce there exposure Sako came up with these. Remington invented the J lock bolt on the shroud. Probably other systems out there. Weatherby gave you a bolt lock.....

I reckon a 75 shroud will not be easy to find or cheap.

Still looking, would consider a whole bolt as long as it has a 'standard' bolt shroud. Keen to get rid of the 'key concept' shroud off the bolt I have...

Have you contacted sako finland, long shot but maybe worth a try..

Theres a few places that deal in sako in the USA. If you havent already do some digging on the net. Accuflite in the US for starters may be able to help or possibly steer you in right direction.

That key concept is bloody ugly and pointless for sure. I had one of the first sako 75 finnlights wsm into nz that had the key concept bolt. First thing I did was replace it. The new bolt shroud came with the firing pin attached as stated in above post,, from memory it took almost 12 months to arrive once ordered.....

Quote Originally Posted by matagouri View Post
    Have you contacted sako finland, long shot but maybe worth a try..

Theres a few places that deal in sako in the USA. If you havent already do some digging on the net. Accuflite in the US for starters may be able to help or possibly steer you in right direction.

That key concept is bloody ugly and pointless for sure. I had one of the first sako 75 finnlights wsm into nz that had the key concept bolt. First thing I did was replace it. The new bolt shroud came with the firing pin attached as stated in above post,, from memory it took almost 12 months to arrive once ordered.....
    Yep just started down that road. Sako confirmed they have the parts but won't give me a price direct, I have to go through a local dealer, who has to contact Beretta NZ, who has to contact Sako...everyone clips the ticket so waiting with interest to see what price they come back with. Probably need to mortgage the house but worth asking.

Might check accuflite though. I could do without the faff of importing parts with things as they are....

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    Its for I action (.222/.223) though. That bolt is much smaller than the IV he's after.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Its for I action (.222/.223) though. That bolt is much smaller than the IV he's after.
    Yep and I'm after a stainless version too. Just contacted Brownell's UK to see if they can order the right parts but they said no. So looks like Sako might be the only option, the 75s are too old to expect retailers to hold parts I suppose. Will post prices once I have them if anyone's interested.

@Bueller did you have any luck?

Quote Originally Posted by bang View Post
    @Bueller did you have any luck?
    Still waiting on pricing unfotunately. Sako and Beretta NZ confirmed the parts are available, but no word yet on pricing fron H&F. Might try Guncity to get things moving. Expecting this to be too much to make it worthwhile but would be good to know.

I’m stunned you got a reply from Beretta NZ.
    Welcome to Sako club.