Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Sarvo Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By ElDax
  • 1 Post By FRST

Thread: Sako 85 Bavarian .270

Sako 85 Bavarian .270

So I'm not entirely keen to see this go, I more wanted to see what people might have that they would want to trade for it. Could be willing to sell it for the right price but yeah. I had Allan Carr install the Spartan Bipod adapter which is pictured, has the adjustable set trigger which is very nice to use. Stock has some amazing fiddleback showing. Comes with the iron sights, they just aren't fitted at the moment. Rifle shoots very well, only used for hunting and I imagine the total round count is pretty low overall. Only looking to swap/sell the rifle and maybe the rings depending whats on offer. Not looking for anything bigger than a .270 or anything smaller than a .243, Cheers Name:  SakoFull.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  5.55 MBName:  SakoAction.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  4.03 MBName:  SakoFiddleback.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  4.01 MBName:  SakoSpartan.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  3.35 MB
    Last edited by ElDax; 03-03-2020 at 06:55 PM.
    ebf, Matt2308, Moa Hunter and 1 others like this.

Whats the right price?
    Warm Barrels!

Quote Originally Posted by 300_BLK View Post
    Whats the right price?
    About $2700 with the rings I'd say

I should probably also mention that it has an aftermarket recoil pad fitted, also by Allan Carr.

Beautiful rifle. I took my .270 Bav to Africa last year and smoked everything I was after. Yours has much nicer wood.
    The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt. Prov 12:27

Quote Originally Posted by FRST View Post
    Beautiful rifle. I took my .270 Bav to Africa last year and smoked everything I was after. Yours has much nicer wood.
    I was actually admiring the work you did to yours when you modified the stock to be a bit more traditional haha, very nice work They really are a great rifle, the only thing I don't quite agree with is the stock shape which is why I'm also trying to find a hunter stock for her. Glad to hear you had a successful trip, must've been pretty amazing going on a hunt over there! What did you end up shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by ElDax View Post
    I was actually admiring the work you did to yours when you modified the stock to be a bit more traditional haha, very nice work They really are a great rifle, the only thing I don't quite agree with is the stock shape which is why I'm also trying to find a hunter stock for her. Glad to hear you had a successful trip, must've been pretty amazing going on a hunt over there! What did you end up shooting?
    Impala, Blue Wildebeest, Warthog & a scoury Baboon! Does your .270 also have the push-forward set trigger?
    ElDax likes this.
    The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt. Prov 12:27

Quote Originally Posted by FRST View Post
    Impala, Blue Wildebeest, Warthog & a scoury Baboon! Does your .270 also have the push-forward set trigger?
    Very nice those Wildebeest are quite tough buggers aren't they? I guess it just goes to show how capable the .270 is with good shot placement. Yes mine has the set trigger, I didn't realize how nice they were to have until I tried it. Do you do any reloading for yours?

No I haven’t as yet. It shot the Norma Oryx 150’s, Winchester 130gr silverbox stuff and Fiocchi 130’s all equally well, all under an inch. Got some 145eldx for my wsm which I’ll probably try one day.