Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Sako Carbonlight in .223

Sako Carbonlight in .223

A bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a Sako Carbonlight they want to sell? Must be as follows:

.223 calibre
    Mint condition
    1:8" barrel twist
    If threaded, prefer it to have 14x1 mm thread

Please feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

Hahahaha jumping the gun bro they not here yet
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    Hahahaha jumping the gun bro they not here yet
    Soon though bro a soon!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    7mmsaum and 199p like this.

res
    there is one of these in my future as well
    dogmatix, 199p and tikka like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Haha.

I was aware they're one of their newer product lines however I didn't realise they were THAT new. Damn.

I know that Beretta actually do have ONE in stock for sale but it has a 1:12 twist in the barrel and I'm not interested in that, not for my needs.

Sooooo... we have to all sit here twiddling our thumbs, waiting for Beretta to get their shit together huh? And then they will find an excuse to try and raise the price... despite the USD being ok. I note the retail price in USA works out to about NZ$4300... a long way short of the $5200 expected here.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Quote Originally Posted by planenutz View Post
    Haha.

I was aware they're one of their newer product lines however I didn't realise they were THAT new. Damn.

I know that Beretta actually do have ONE in stock for sale but it has a 1:12 twist in the barrel and I'm not interested in that, not for my needs.

Sooooo... we have to all sit here twiddling our thumbs, waiting for Beretta to get their shit together huh? And then they will find an excuse to try and raise the price... despite the USD being ok. I note the retail price in USA works out to about NZ$4300... a long way short of the $5200 expected here.
    It'll probably still have the shitty 58.5mm OAL mag length, not so flash for the heavies

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    It'll probably still have the shitty 58.5mm OAL mag length, not so flash for the heavies
    Cant like that bro

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Are they still placing the ejector in the wrong place?

A .223 Carbonlight would make for a prettu sweet carry rig.

A sweet carry rig indeed. I like the sound of carrying "less" up the hills.

So the ejector is in the wrong place???

Quote Originally Posted by planenutz View Post
    A sweet carry rig indeed. I like the sound of carrying "less" up the hills.

So the ejector is in the wrong place???
    Most mauser derivitive actions have the ejector placed in a 3 O'clock position, that way spent cases are pushed out at more of a sideways angle. Whereas (for some reason) Sako decided to place it in a 6 O'clock position, which on some Sako 85's results in cases being flung out at too high of an angle - often into the underside of scopes, damaging the scope finish as well as the brass itself. Sometimes the cases bounce off the scope and fall back into the chamber etc.

It's what ended my love affair with Sakos. I've had several. My 75 didn't have this problem - although I've heard some 75's do this too.

Not all of the 85's are like this. And from what I know it's more prevalent among the long-action and WSM rifles.

Aside from that (and you can always test the rifle in store with a dummy round) the carbonlight is pretty sweet. .223 would just makes sense in such a light gun.

They're quality rifles with superb triggers and barrels. But that's just something to watch for. For 5k you should get perfection.

Got a 75 in 243 but hard pressed for quality ,accuracy and value to go past a Tikka T3. Never thought I would say that but it is like comparing Bullers to expensive leather boots which a hunting programme showed them taking off their expensive leather boots to walk across a river. They acknowledged the leather would not hack it for the trip id they got too wet.WTH. Just paying for 3 pairs of Bullers via Vegas HnF. What a hard case dude.We have 3 T3's.
    Frodo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Most mauser derivitive actions have the ejector placed in a 3 O'clock position, that way spent cases are pushed out at more of a sideways angle. Whereas (for some reason) Sako decided to place it in a 6 O'clock position, which on some Sako 85's results in cases being flung out at too high of an angle - often into the underside of scopes, damaging the scope finish as well as the brass itself. Sometimes the cases bounce off the scope and fall back into the chamber etc.

It's what ended my love affair with Sakos. I've had several. My 75 didn't have this problem - although I've heard some 75's do this too.

Not all of the 85's are like this. And from what I know it's more prevalent among the long-action and WSM rifles.

Aside from that (and you can always test the rifle in store with a dummy round) the carbonlight is pretty sweet. .223 would just makes sense in such a light gun.

They're quality rifles with superb triggers and barrels. But that's just something to watch for. For 5k you should get perfection.
    My .233 75 drops the case back in every now and then. Itís also because the extractor doesnít hold the case firmly enough.
    My .270 75 on the other hand flings ejected cases miles.
    Frodo likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Nothing a quick tim improved cant fix
    BRADS and superdiver like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Quote Originally Posted by TeRei View Post
    Got a 75 in 243 but hard pressed for quality ,accuracy and value to go past a Tikka T3. Never thought I would say that but it is like comparing Bullers to expensive leather boots which a hunting programme showed them taking off their expensive leather boots to walk across a river. They acknowledged the leather would not hack it for the trip id they got too wet.WTH. Just paying for 3 pairs of Bullers via Vegas HnF. What a hard case dude.We have 3 T3's.
    Agree with your sentiment re tikkas but you are wrong on the boot front. The reason they took them off is so they don't have a trip with wet feet which makes sense. I am too thick to do that and have had 5 day trips with wet boots and it sucks.
    199p likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by superdiver View Post
    Agree with your sentiment re tikkas but you are wrong on the boot front. The reason they took them off is so they don't have a trip with wet feet which makes sense. I am too thick to do that and have had 5 day trips with wet boots and it sucks.
    get one of the bushbuck dry toe socks, it’s similar to thin wetsuit material inside I guess. Have had whole boots of water inside but my feet stay dry all day. 100% recommended