Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Sako Carbonlight - 7mm08

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    $4500 at my local Smiddy.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Shit the bed!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Badbootboy likes this.
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

Quote Originally Posted by kokako View Post
    Catalogue/online price will often be different than in-store, I have also seen one at tower junction hnf for 4799. Like anything of value though even if it was 5 grand in store in most cases you could have it for less anyhow.
    #27GANG

Remind me not to sell my sako on here though hahaha
    kokako, BRADS, Nickoli and 2 others like this.
    #27GANG

Well, you live and learn... every day is a school day.

I'm pleased you've all taken delight in pointing out I've been ripped off. I have receipts here that add up to $5,134 so offering it for $4,800 just 15 days later was a genuine offer for somebody who wanted to save some money. But more fool me, it's just another opportunity to hear about the errors of my ways. On the plus side, the wife still doesn't know how much money I've squandered in the fruitless seach for a good deal.

It is what it is. And it is for sale at $4,800 if somebody wants it. Or you can talk to @BRADS who will tell you with glee where you can buy a new 7mm08 Carbonlight for just $4,500. And if nobody wants it... I certainly won't be shedding any tears. I still own it.
    Tentman and Frogfeatures like this.

Unfortunately new firearms are like new cars; you drive them off the car lot and they instantly depreciate about 20% to 30%.

However, look on the bright side - 30% is nothing to how much you'd depreciate if your wife walks off the lot.
    outdoorlad, Blaser, 199p and 4 others like this.
    "The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal

PJC
    Really, you think you have been ripped off?

Don’t worry about it. Lots of those comments were made by folks who have bought stuff that’s the better than sliced bread and so accurate it’s not been seen before in any ones lifetime. Like March Scopes Blaser rifles that were so good they shot 57 holes in the same hole. Unbelievable feats of accuracy prompting other to follows suit. FFS it’s crazy

Three months later sold cos we past that stage. We in Sako stage now Shops give them discounts like crazy as they are BIG clients or the shops had it on the shelf too long and it ain’t paying their rent. Nice gun keep it and tell them the truth. Best to just Get lost and leave my advertisement alone or buy it. Self appointed price spy’s who have obviously made heaps on changing their minds every three months

Don’t care just a non bullshit rant
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Interesting rant Happy.
    BRADS likes this.
    "The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    And there it goes. There should be a rule if you ain’t asking a question towards or buyin don’t bother replying

Anther person s advertisement skunked. Well done team looks like great bit of gear to me
    But... you just replied... you buying or you just here to be a grumpy grandpa?
    ARdave and BRADS like this.
    #27GANG

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    Interesting rant Happy.
    A little harsh for millleniums but fair ?. It’s like fuckin Coronation Street sometimes
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

PJC
    What is sako stage, is that like Emphysema, can i catch it over the internet
    Smiddy and Gibo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by planenutz View Post
    I've decided to sell this stunning new Sako Carbonlight. It's essentially new - I've had it for 2 weeks and it's been on the range once. In total it's had 28 rounds through it.

Details:

Rifle only - 7mm08. Comes with box and all the bits that you normally get with it - tools, sling attachments and manual.
    Optilocks and scope etc. not included.
    Standard factory thread - 14 x 1 mm
    As it sits here today it owes me $5,100. Will sell it for $4,800 plus shipping.

Attachment 90945

Attachment 90946

Attachment 90947

Attachment 90948
    Swap ya for 2 tikkas? They're worth heaps as....

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
    burtonator, 199p, Smiddy and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by planenutz View Post
    Well, you live and learn... every day is a school day.

I'm pleased you've all taken delight in pointing out I've been ripped off. I have receipts here that add up to $5,134 so offering it for $4,800 just 15 days later was a genuine offer for somebody who wanted to save some money. But more fool me, it's just another opportunity to hear about the errors of my ways. On the plus side, the wife still doesn't know how much money I've squandered in the fruitless seach for a good deal.

It is what it is. And it is for sale at $4,800 if somebody wants it. Or you can talk to @BRADS who will tell you with glee where you can buy a new 7mm08 Carbonlight for just $4,500. And if nobody wants it... I certainly won't be shedding any tears. I still own it.
    Well put.

ebf
    People on here have a very good idea of the value of items, especially second hand (no matter how "new").

Good deals are snapped up in a matter of minutes. Items that are overpriced either don't sell for weeks or attract some "banter".

If you are going to be prescious about someone pointing out that an item may be overpriced in their opinion, TM might be a better option
    buzzman, TITAN308, 199p and 8 others like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    People on here have a very good idea of the value of items, especially second hand (no matter how "new").

Good deals are snapped up in a matter of minutes. Items that are overpriced either don't sell for weeks or attract some "banter".

If you are going to be prescious about someone pointing out that an item may be overpriced in their opinion, TM might be a better option
    Its like one of those unwritten rules if its not a good deal then you are opening yourself up for some shit
    Smiddy, tetawa, ebf and 4 others like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"