Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tetawa
  • 1 Post By tetawa

Thread: Selling a shotgun.

Selling a shotgun.

Hi team,

What's the best way to sell a firearm now? I had it listed on here a few weeks ago, didn't seem to catch anyones eye. I had tried to sell it prior to the tragic events that unfolded, Seeing as TM no longer allow semi-auto shotguns to be listed. How's everyone going about it now? I realize that people maybe abit put off with all the uncertainty.
    Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction. As something else has caught my eye.
    Apologies if this is the wrong section.

Cheers Bevan

Can't recall your post but good clear photos, a well written description, and a realistic price has the best chance of success on here...sometimes just have to wait til the right person comes along.

Would say that the likes of H&F will love people in your position, waiting to offer you a trade in on their stock. I would wait to see the result of the abomination that is happening now, T/M may reopen their doors to semi shotguns and .22's once it's sorted.

There's a few semi 22s on trademe when I looked earlier, not just private listings either guncity had a ruger 10/22 listed, dunno if they are just being cheeky or if trademe are allowing them. Would be good to be able to buy and sell semi shotties too.
    I really want to upgrade, but not in a position to right now, I need all the things all at the same bloody time

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    There's a few semi 22s on trademe when I looked earlier, not just private listings either guncity had a ruger 10/22 listed, dunno if they are just being cheeky or if trademe are allowing them. Would be good to be able to buy and sell semi shotties too.
    I really want to upgrade, but not in a position to right now, I need all the things all at the same bloody time
    Was watching a couple of 10/22's, T/M PULLED THEM.
    dannyb likes this.

You can still sell a semi auto shotgun
    As long as its not a mssa type saga or ar clone with a detachable mag
    Normal (hunting) ones with tube feeds are fine as long as they don’t hold more than 5 rounds
    But Courier companies are refusing firearms so will be pick up only

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Would say that the likes of H&F will love people in your position, waiting to offer you a trade in on their stock. I would wait to see the result of the abomination that is happening now, T/M may reopen their doors to semi shotguns and .22's once it's sorted.
    Trade me quoted they will no longer sell any semi guns included .22 shotguns on there site even if the law changes. they do not want any thing to do with semis
    Last edited by bigbear; 29-03-2019 at 07:29 AM.

I personally feel selling a second hand firearms of any type (not mssa) the value has gone down in the last few weeks. I would love to get another semi shotgun this year but want to know the new rules before buying.
    Also pain in the arse if you buy from out of town and no couriers that will take them

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    I personally feel selling a second hand firearms of any type (not mssa) the value has gone down in the last few weeks. I would love to get another semi shotgun this year but want to know the new rules before buying.
    Also pain in the arse if you buy from out of town and no couriers that will take them
    The value to you will fall if it's a trade in, then increase dramatically on returning to the retailers shelves.
    bigbear likes this.

its a pity the firearms trader isn't still running , this is a perfect example of why they should have gotten everyone's support.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Resident Curmudgeon Kiwi Sapper's Avatar
    "..........But Courier companies are refusing firearms so will be pick up only............' With Fastways being the latest to "Walk awayyy.........'

So my puzzlement is how do the retailers receive their stocks of firearms, ammunition and powder? Is that now in threat?

It was a confusion of ideas between him and one of the lions he was hunting in Kenya that had caused A. B. Spottsworth to make the obituary column. He thought the lion was dead, and the lion thought it wasn't.

The way its going weather you like it or not all guns are going to end up regestered. So why aren't they sent to the local police station for pick up. Yeah pain in the arse for some like myself have to drive a hour to town but if it still means we can send guns that's ok with me. You turn up produce your licence details are taken etc etc. No more guns getting left on door steps or wrong address. Also for those people that were having problems with what addresses they needed guns to be sent to(work where they are during the day)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    "..........But Courier companies are refusing firearms so will be pick up only............' With Fastways being the latest to "Walk awayyy.........'

So my puzzlement is how do the retailers receive their stocks of firearms, ammunition and powder? Is that now in threat?

A few companies are doing dealer to dealer freight only .

Suggest you talk to your local H&F Store -particularly the buyer - they may accept a shotgun or rifle shipped from another store on your behalf (last one cost me $45-50) avaoids paperwork as they sight your licences too