Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By MassiveAttack
  • 1 Post By Steve123

Thread: Shotgun

Shotgun

Hi team,

just seeing what is out there, i am after a pump action shotgun, something that cycles without any binding, not overly fussed about stock condition, not overly long barrel as have an M1 Super and thats for duck season, want something that i can throw in the back of the truck for wallabies etc

cheers

Mark
    I appreciate & respect differing views, I greatly value the benefit of good conversation around differing opinions & respect points of view contrary to my own, however when you’re a belligerent self-opinionated obnoxious troll like individual, +1 to the ignore list

Anything??????
    I appreciate & respect differing views, I greatly value the benefit of good conversation around differing opinions & respect points of view contrary to my own, however when you’re a belligerent self-opinionated obnoxious troll like individual, +1 to the ignore list

buy a fabarm !

Churchill 205 sporting O/U? I'd let it go for 700 near new, retail 1350.... I know it's not a semi but food for thought

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    Churchill 205 sporting O/U? I'd let it go for 700 near new, retail 1350.... I know it's not a semi but food for thought
    Thanks however I would prefer a pump action

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    buy a fabarm !
    Ok obviously didn't quiet describe what I'm after properly and after looking at the fabarm and associated price I would be getting the same type and price point as my benelli M1 super!

I'm After a reasonable priced pump action, that can handle a bit of abuse, nothing flashy just works, it's not at this stage going to get a lot of work but I may play around with casting my own solids etc for it at some stage

why not just buy a gun city 870 pump. cheap as hell, a good range on barrel lengths. some are interchoke.
    my mrs has one as dose the father in law. they wont win any beauty contests but work fine

https://www.guncity.com/?q=870

why not just buy a gun city 870 pump. cheap as hell, a good range on barrel lengths. some are interchoke.
    my mrs has one as dose the father in law. they wont win any beauty contests but work fine

+1

I have one that works flawlessly. You can try it out if you want @Tertle.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Ejected

Mine didn't work flawlessly and then I discovered the chokes are shit and although it's steel shot ratied shooting steel goose loads through it makes the choke and barrel become one and you now have a fixed choke.

So my advice would be to buy a real remmington 870 which isn't much more money than the gun city one.
    BRADS and Steve123 like this.

Get a Mossberg 500 combo, I got one with a 28" ported, changeable choke barrel and a 18" slug barrel.Slug barrel is fixed cylinder and spreads shot like a bastard. Only draw back is you can't extend the magazine tube but if you can't hit what your aiming at with 5 12 gauge shot shells you really should be looking at a different hobby.
    Garret likes this.

interesting about the steel shot issue and choke, i only use lead from mine but others i know have had no issue with steel shot.
    was it super hard steel that caused the issue ? the reason i got the gc870 for the wife was so she could shoot steel if need be as her under over gun wont take it (she loves that cheap russian POS)

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    +1

I have one that works flawlessly. You can try it out if you want @Tertle.
    thanks might hit you up about that, I've been reading up on the GC rangers, I'm guessing they are a Norinco copy, Im familiar with their clones and have to admit I'm not 100% put off by what I've seen, granted if a real 870 or Maverick came up i would be slightly more interested, i am though little concerned with MassiveAttack's experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tertle View Post
    thanks might hit you up about that, I've been reading up on the GC rangers, I'm guessing they are a Norinco copy, Im familiar with their clones and have to admit I'm not 100% put off by what I've seen, granted if a real 870 or Maverick came up i would be slightly more interested, i am though little concerned with MassiveAttack's experience.
    The main thing is to take the choke out when you clean it and put the choke back in when you're finished. Mine had feeding issues to start with but worked flawlessly ever since spending $20 at the gunsmiths. I also have a real McCoy 870 somewhere, ...oh yeah, left that on the farm in Marlborough.

If you like the GC870 I could probably do a deal on it. Can get it to you directly or through mudgripz. The damned thing just works and is the shotgun I shoot the best.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    The main thing is to take the choke out when you clean it and put the choke back in when you're finished. Mine had feeding issues to start with but worked flawlessly ever since spending $20 at the gunsmiths. I also have a real McCoy 870 somewhere, ...oh yeah, left that on the farm in Marlborough.

If you like the GC870 I could probably do a deal on it. Can get it to you directly or through mudgripz. The damned thing just works and is the shotgun I shoot the best.
    email sent