Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Guypie
  • 1 Post By Guypie

Thread: SKS with add-ons

SKS with add-ons

Norinco 7 shot SKS with 2" stock extension for better length of pull. Stock sanded back and refinished with 10+ layers of true-oil 18 months ago, and has only been bush once since.
    Front sight post was removed by a previous owner.
    Rear sight removed and replaced with scoutscope picatinny rail. SKS Scope Mount | Scope Mounts for your VZ, SKS, AK, and Saiga rifles!. Perfect for a red dot or a scope with long eye relief.
    Shell deflector screwed to receiver to protect whatever optic you mount.
    Receiver cover mounted rail is canted to the side by a few degrees, and therefore useless. Made redundant by the scoutscope rail.
    Will include a cheapo red dot, original rear sight and borescope.

I had ideas of threading and suppressing it, but it has gone unused since I got into ARs.

Pickup in Auckland or mail order. $350

Interesting the wood looks outstanding for a chinese pine stock, i suppose the deflector and the scout rail prevent the use of chargers to load. What make is the scout rail, its attachment system looks much better than some ive seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Interesting the wood looks outstanding for a chinese pine stock, i suppose the deflector and the scout rail prevent the use of chargers to load. What make is the scout rail, its attachment system looks much better than some ive seen.
    The deflector can be removed, and the rail part of the scout mount can be removed and turned around so the "overhang" is forward rather than aft as I currently have it. When the rail is in the forward position, stripper clips can still be used (if the shell deflector is removed, of course).

The mount is from scoutscopes.com - see the link in the first post for the exact product. I've been very happy with it. I would've sold it separately, but with the chopped front sight post and the hory as receiver cover rail, it is only fair that it goes with the rifle for sale.

The wood came up great. Thanks to @Ingrid for the time and effort. A darker stain would look even better, in my opinion, as the extension would blend in better.

I might be keen, will have to have to have a chat with the wife tonight.
    stretch likes this.

SKS with add-ons

Quote Originally Posted by Guypie View Post
    I might be keen, will have to have to have a chat with the wife tonight.
    No rush, but I'm away for a week from Monday 9th. In fact, given that today is Wednesday, the soonest I could post it would be the 17th.
    Last edited by stretch; 04-01-2017 at 03:06 PM.

looks like its a no go this time around. If you still have it next month I will probably be able to take it, will have to wait and see.
    stretch likes this.

SPF.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Sold.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk