Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ruger
  • 1 Post By timattalon

Thread: Slug gun

sakkara

Slug gun

Looking for a cheap slug gun to shoot a few rats that have become too prolific

And one got a rough one prefer with scope

Condition don't matter as long as its accurate or recomend from the Chinese ones on gun city thanks

I have one I no longer use. What part of the country are you?

sakkara
    Northland

Name:  DSC_0020.JPG
Views: 173
Size:  1.33 MB
    Cordite likes this.

sakkara
    Bump

If you can find one and are only shooting things the size of rats, look at a Industry QB79. They run on C)2 like a bolt action and do about 600fps so would be ideal. Very accurate as there is no spring slamming around, and very quiet. They are not considered PCP because they use CO2 and are more like a paintball gun that fires .177 pellets. I have one for shooting training for youngsters (and adults) and at 25m I can consistently hit a 1" disc which I cannot do with a springer.
    Cordite likes this.

Above is a good choice or if you want a project as well you could mod a crosman 2240 use to be a popular thing to tinker with ive done a couple

sakkara
    Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    If you can find one and are only shooting things the size of rats, look at a Industry QB79. They run on C)2 like a bolt action and do about 600fps so would be ideal. Very accurate as there is no spring slamming around, and very quiet. They are not considered PCP because they use CO2 and are more like a paintball gun that fires .177 pellets. I have one for shooting training for youngsters (and adults) and at 25m I can consistently hit a 1" disc which I cannot do with a springer.
    InterestING
    And how many shots to Co2 canister

Quote Originally Posted by sakkara007 View Post
    InterestING
    And how many shots to Co2 canister
    For a wee cannister like an air pistol has in the handle- about 30. For the 9oz ones (similar size to a soda stream bottle) about 300. The 9oz is about $5 or so to fill, and the wee cannisters usually about $2 each. All depends on how much you intend to shoot it.

To use the cannisters you need to buy an adaptor. Best value is the 9oz ones or a remote and a larger bottle again. Try some of the Airsoft places too.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    +1. With airguns go for accuracy as it's about shot placement. A bit of extra power at expense of accuracy is not worth it, but I'd go for .22 any time with CO2. Don't sweat the cost of the convenient CO2 powerlets.

sakkara
    Ok now my eyes have been opened to the Industry QB79 does anyone have one or any simular ??

PM me thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sakkara007 View Post
    Ok now my eyes have been opened to the Industry QB79 does anyone have one or any simular ??

PM me thanks
    To increase views, I'd start a new thread "WTB: Accurate CO2 Rifle, QB79 or similar."