Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tertle
  • 1 Post By Tertle

Thread: SMLE and No4 Lee Enfields for sale

SMLE and No4 Lee Enfields for sale

Name:  for sale.jpg
Views: 12849
Size:  981.6 KB

Ok here are some 303’s up for sale

Top one is actually a NZ marked .22 trainer the barrel I had it unscrewed with the intention of resleving in .22 cal. The mag is hollow which is correct to the rifle in .22 spec.(hollowed out) BSA 1916, the bolt is a mismatch however it does have an offset firing pin less the extraction claw. This is a very worthy rebuild. The last complete smle trainer that I purchase cost over $700, the bones are there for a great wee project.

Next below is a BSA and Co 1914 Sht Le III all matching, barrel is good, the butt disk is UXB FAF marked, this does have a nose cap that is DP marked, it like the other fifles are NOT DP rifles, Nice looking rifle and if it doesn't sell im not going to be gutted a very nice example of a rifle that saw 2 world wars and is about to turn 100!

The one below is an Enfield made 1916 SMLE III*, but the bottom wood is Enfield marked and very very nice. Barrel has been re serial to receiver and bolt match’s as well. nose cap DP marked average barrel. Its a fine example of a rifle nearing a century old! Ive not fired this rifle and cant give any guarantees to accuracy.

The next one below that is a Lithgow 1918 SMLE III* Barrel and receiver match, Bolt doesn however a very nice barrel and another fine example of a rifle nearing a century old. Ive not fired this rifle and cant give any guarantees to accuracy.

The bottom is the first lee that I purchased, its a savage lend lease No4MkI* with a very good two grove barrel. Ive reloaded for this and had it down to inch groups at 100m. Now Im the first to scoff at all the sub min groups that people prattle on about, and to be honest I think im more than experienced with the 303 to say that most are flukes or exaggerations. But this has with the right loads proved accurate. Ive shimmed the draws and kept the woods well oiled. Its been a few years since ive shot it, as ive concentrated on my Fultons and FTR variants. But beware, as this one proved owww to well, one Lee is never enough!!

Prices, im open to discussions, nothing under 300 and that includes the .22, im off hunting this Monday for a week, so if keen get in quick. if not sold when I get back, I will flick them on TM.

Cheers
    Maca49 likes this.
    I appreciate & respect differing views, I greatly value the benefit of good conversation around differing opinions & respect points of view contrary to my own, however when you’re a belligerent self-opinionated obnoxious troll like individual, +1 to the ignore list

BSA 1914 sold pending funds
    I appreciate & respect differing views, I greatly value the benefit of good conversation around differing opinions & respect points of view contrary to my own, however when you’re a belligerent self-opinionated obnoxious troll like individual, +1 to the ignore list

Lithgow under offer / pending funds

No more takers? I will flick them on TM tonight.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Still avail or have I missed out and on TM?
    Im interested in bringing the trainer to its former glory and the No4 for T project

ok I will increase the tm to a silly amount and I will PM you!

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Im interested in bringing the trainer to its former glory and the No4 for T project
    Spanner theres an old dutch fellow that gets around the militara gun shows, he has a collection of old stocks he sells for these
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Hi, any of these still available? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    What are the plans re scope/mount/pads for a No4T project?
    I've been thinking about this as my last no4t genuine buy did not work out.
    The D is silent, hillbilly!

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col.Whiplash View Post
    What are the plans re scope/mount/pads for a No4T project?
    I've been thinking about this as my last no4t genuine buy did not work out.
    Repo mounts and repo scope
    I'll pick up a scope in the US next year - mounts can be had from a few places

Did the No4 Mk1* sell or do you still have it?

Are any still for sale

No4 still for sale, in fact I need to through and have a cull so to speak!
    GeforceJoe likes this.

Dax
    Quote Originally Posted by Tertle View Post
    No4 still for sale, in fact I need to through and have a cull so to speak!
    Hey man, any chance you still have this?