Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Snider .577 Brass WTB

Anyone got some .577 Snider brass to Sell or 24ga plastic shotgun shells??? Oh and a .60cal round ball mold.

I have a few kynoch berdan primed cases somewhere if they are of use. Sold my sniders years ago and they got left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    I have a few kynoch berdan primed cases somewhere if they are of use. Sold my sniders years ago and they got left behind.
    Thanks for that offer. I`m after some for reloading and I`m not sure about reloading berdan primed cases.

tried looking for 24 guage brass cases?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQJSNDdesEQ

My friend got gunworks I think to make him some ammo so they could be worth a try for brass?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasbay View Post
    Thanks for that offer. I`m after some for reloading and I`m not sure about reloading berdan primed cases.
    there's brass around but you gotta search for it a gun shop can order burturm brass but it will set you back about $100 per 20 mind you black powder brass lasts for ages if you look after it

Asked Gunworks, they don`t have any stocked at this time. Dixie Gunworks have it but will not export...Hmmmmmm.

Good things come to thoes who wait I`m told.

res
    I got some a cour of years from a place in oz, can't remember the name sorry but it started with B-bitrim or sum thing of the like
    Using Tapatalk

Asked Gunworks, they don`t have any stocked at this time. Dixie Gunworks have it but will not export...Hmmmmmm.

Good things come to thoes who wait I`m told.
    Just get some 24 guage shotgun brass from the states, cheap as chips and you can import it no prob, then fire form it.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Just get some 24 guage shotgun brass from the states, cheap as chips and you can import it no prob, then fire form it.
    Can you describe the fire form process as the front of the case is necked down to a Snider slightly. Fireforming to open it out I can understand.

Can you describe the fire form process as the front of the case is necked down to a Snider slightly. Fireforming to open it out I can understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    tried looking for 24 guage brass cases?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQJSNDdesEQ

My friend got gunworks I think to make him some ammo so they could be worth a try for brass?
    watch that mate explains it all 1st sizeing would only roughly size (just good enough to fit in the gun) then the 1st round would fireform the brass

oh by the way gunworks have both 24ga brass (all be it very steep comparison to importing your own) and 577 snider dies listed on trademe

Bertram brass is available from magnum imports, just bought some for the martini henry, not cheap but if it lasts as long as my SPANZ cases have the grandkids will still be using them.

I will have a look at my collection of ammo, I might be able to supply you a mould in 577 it is a hollow based minnie bullet mould by Lyman. Have brass as well but need time to haul it out. I sold my Snider to put funds towards my Double Rifle. PM me
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Ive got a feeling it fits without the necking, The necking is SFA
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I will have a look at my collection of ammo, I might be able to supply you a mould in 577 it is a hollow based minnie bullet mould by Lyman. Have brass as well but need time to haul it out. I sold my Snider to put funds towards my Double Rifle. PM me
    That would be great Maca. Track of the wolf have snider cases but will not export, Brownells have 24ga brass shells but no export from them either. Still can`t find a supplier for the plastic 24ga shotshell cases.