Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kenebene

Thread: Spartan Bipod

Spartan Bipod

Hi just seeing whats about , after a Spartan or javelin Bipod not sure what the dif is .Cheers
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Spartan can swivel lock. Much more stable to shoot from. Had both, only have Spartan now.

I've been using the long Javelin Bipods for a couple of years now and find them excellent to shoot with. I also have a modified Niggeloh sling which is great because the bipod is always with the rifle, not in your backpack when you need it most. Like most these days I also use a suppressor so having a permanently mounted bipod out the front further upsetting the balance of the rifle always annoyed me. The Javelin is quick and easy to put on and just as easy to remove. If I have to relocate in a hurry for additional shots I typically leave it in place and it has never dropped off yet. It's so light you hardly notice it's on there.

I've not used the Spartan 300 but I'd very much like to give one a try. Bloody expensive though but hey, you only have to buy them once. Being able to fold the bipod back would have its advantages for sure but given the ease of removal and storage I'm not sure it's that necessary. I'm not going to replace both of my Javelin's for the 300, put it that way.

Advantages

Light. Very light.
    Quick to fit and remove, easy to use.
    Pan and tilt - great for tracking an animal without having to constantly relocate the feet.
    When removed there is nothing out front to get caught up in the scrub/gorse/vines etc.
    Fitting a bipod adapter to multiple rifles means you can use the bipod on any rifle you want, instantly. Just grab and go.
    Two or three mounting options available.

Disadvantages

Expensive
    Extending the legs to adjust height can be a little fiddly sometimes... they're not spring loaded like Harris etc.

Spartan have made some improvements along the way and they have been happy to listen to customer feedback, which has been good. Whichever way you go I'm sure you'll be happy with the choice.

Bro H&F Taupo have the spartan javelin for 300sh. Otherwise grab one online. Amazon/Ebay.

Id go for Atlas though if your going to spend that kind of money. (if yo have picitinny to mount it to)
    llewelyn likes this.
    Overkill is not a thing.

Had a look online and about 300US ish....are you sure about the price at H & F as not normally known for their sharp pricing? especially last time I forgot my ammo and had to go to the Taupo one.