Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Sarvo

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chainsaw

Thread: Spartan Javelin Bipod, Long leg model.

Spartan Javelin Bipod, Long leg model.

Hey guys, selling this as I have just purchased a Backlanz carbon bipod. Started off with a Harris so the Backlanz is more my style, its been fitted to 2 rifles and to do so I have shortened 2 of the screws it came with as pictured. Plastic case is missing the latch.
    Also have a Twin Needle Pouch to suit with MOLLE attachment, shown fitted to an LFP pack.
    I'm thinking $350 posted for the bipod and $55 posted for the case. $400 posted for the lot?
    Purchased this back when they were $500+ so I'm taking a bit of a hit, otherwise I would try make the price a bit sharper.
    Cheers
    Name:  Jav4.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  3.79 MBName:  Jav1.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  3.70 MBName:  Jav2.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  3.40 MBName:  Jav3.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  2.93 MB

What’s the length of the “long” leg version? Extended and non ?

Don’t wish to rain on your parade, but can buy new for $399??
    jackson21 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    Don’t wish to rain on your parade, but can buy new for $399??
    18.5cm closed 29.2cm extended. That's what its worth for me to sell it, otherwise I'll just keep it and use on my .223
    It's $50 cheaper than a new one, posted while in essentially the same condition. And like I said, I'm already selling it $200 cheaper than what I bought it for, otherwise I would offer it for less, but that's not the case.

Bump, $370 for the lot posted.

I’d keep it and not waste your time with the backlanz one. I don’t know anyone who bought one of them who likes them. Know plenty who like the Spartan. I use mine every day. To make it better though you need to drill out a hole in the backside of adapter and put a little rod pin or drill and put a screw in through the symbol and epoxy the whole thing to your stock without the rubber part. That way it doesn’t turn sideways on you. They require a proper nut on the backside of using on a synthetic stock for best security. The newer pro model of the Spartan is better as it locks out the legs.

Interesting... I know lots that have switched to Backlanz including myself and say they will never look back?? Just the fact you can keep the bipod on the rifle.. not to mention it loads up way better than the Spartan making it a way better platform to shoot off?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy06 View Post
    I’d keep it and not waste your time with the backlanz one. I don’t know anyone who bought one of them who likes them. Know plenty who like the Spartan. I use mine every day. To make it better though you need to drill out a hole in the backside of adapter and put a little rod pin or drill and put a screw in through the symbol and epoxy the whole thing to your stock without the rubber part. That way it doesn’t turn sideways on you. They require a proper nut on the backside of using on a synthetic stock for best security. The newer pro model of the Spartan is better as it locks out the legs.
    Your comment is the first negative feedback I have seen on them. My mate @WildBrad had the spartan and changed to the carbon backlanz. He much prefers the backlanz. I also have other mates with the carbon backlanz who love it. I currently run a simple harris but having played with spartan and my mates carbon backlanz I know which one I want to get. Awesome bit of gear and super light! Awesome to see Ethan just did another upgrade to refine it even more with tighter tolerances and faster deployment to the 90 degree position too.

SPF