Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Stalking the Seasons Round

Stalking the Seasons Round

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if someone had a copy of "Stalking the seasons round" they may be willing to sell?

Thanks very much

Mike

I have this Book (I think but need to dig out box and check)
    Have many other Hunting Books (some rare and some 1st Editions signed etc)
    I am tossing up whether to sell or not as they are just sitting in boxes in storage and prob when I will get around to reading them will be too blind to do so

What are Books value today ??
    I am a little confused now after selling a Bruce Banwell Greatest Heads Voll III on Trade Me

Did a 10 day Auction with $1 reserve and cleared bit more than $40 for it
    Had 34 watchers
    I think I paid 150 10 years ago
    So much for a future investment
    Last edited by Sarvo; 12-06-2018 at 12:33 PM.

I’m into buying old hunting books, so if you do want to sell some I’d certainly be interested, I think you let them have that for a lot less then you could’ve got
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat ninja View Post
    I’m into buying old hunting books, so if you do want to sell some I’d certainly be interested, I think you let them have that for a lot less then you could’ve got
    Well 10 day promo on NZ best selling Arena - had 34 watchers - so price set at today's value
    Here's the add - encase some don't believe - sure as hell shocked me

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=1650611690

You can currently make a offer on all 3 of those books for $350, I don’t know how to get the link and put it here,unfortunately you didn’t get what it deserved

Quote Originally Posted by Fat ninja View Post
    You can currently make a offer on all 3 of those books for $350, I don’t know how to get the link and put it here,unfortunately you didn’t get what it deserved
    Really
    I have been looking for the Vol I & II for many years
    I actually bought the full set for a mate approx 12-15 years ago and paid just that 350$
    Thinking i would get another opportunity to buy again but never did
    Vol III is the lesser priced of the 3 - I always knew that

Is the above on Trade Me ??

Found it

Bugger me - not seen this for years

https://www.trademe.co.nz/books/nonf...4db537c329e631

Gunrunners.... go onto trademe and search...if not there now save search as it will pop up soon enough,in meantime go visit the library and read thier copy. Ive got the set of four Lentle n Saxton books and re read bits of them often as refresher before setting out for hunt.
    Puffin likes this.

Thanks for the reply's guys. Yup i've saved the search but am pretty impatient haha. Also funnily enough my picture is in one of those great NZ deer heads books, when I was three years old I was photographed for it holding my old mans sambar mount.

If someone does happen to come up with a copy of stalking the seasons i'm very keen!
    Sarvo likes this.

What part of the country are you in gunrunners? I have a copy you could borrow for a month or so but it’s such a good read I don’t want to sell! Cheers

Sarvo

Any rare hunting book or 1st edition that is signed and is in good condition (not faded on spine or cover and does not have names or inscriptions inside) will fetch good money, Deer heads vol 111 has been on TM a lot recently so that may of effected the price but it normally goes for around $70 and i have seen it go for as low as $35.
    The 34 watchers are probably just people doing exactly that..... watching what it goes for to see what their copy is worth.
    To fetch good money can be a hit and miss affair but listing a book that has not been on for a while will always help.
    I saw a little known book go for over $1000 the other day...... just a cheap soft cover book that was self published.....
    I am a bit like you every book i buy costs me top dollar and when i sell i get bugger all for them.
    What are you rare and signed titles ? i might be interested in them.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    Sarvo

Any rare hunting book or 1st edition that is signed and is in good condition (not faded on spine or cover and does not have names or inscriptions inside) will fetch good money, Deer heads vol 111 has been on TM a lot recently so that may of effected the price but it normally goes for around $70 and i have seen it go for as low as $35.
    The 34 watchers are probably just people doing exactly that..... watching what it goes for to see what their copy is worth.
    To fetch good money can be a hit and miss affair but listing a book that has not been on for a while will always help.
    I saw a little known book go for over $1000 the other day...... just a cheap soft cover book that was self published.....
    I am a bit like you every book i buy costs me top dollar and when i sell i get bugger all for them.
    What are you rare and signed titles ? i might be interested in them.

Cheers
    Yes you are correct @Rosco
    I did not know many V III had been on - but to be honest I have not been following Book sales for some time now
    I need to dig my collection out and have a look
    Don't have a lot signed - but some
    All top condition and a lot 1st editions

Like the one wanted that started this Post - I have but I do not know what to ask price wise now ??
    Appears books have lost their flavor somewhat - not surrising seeing now how the net has taken over

I would probably go the Trade Me way to sell without a price and let the market dertime the outcome

Well that was depressing !!
    Just spent an hour or so looking at all Books on Trade Me and getting values on my collection

Hard back 1st editions that I paid 40-70$ for now lucky to be worth half
    My Stalking Memories - by Major R A Wilson - paid 200$ 10 or more years ago - on TM for $69

Obviously Hunting books have flooded the market from estate asset dumping (don't think they should qualify as an asset anymore)

Think they can go back in cardboard box and kids can line the "My Box" with them
    Probably not allowed in today's PC world

This book is a good starting point for determining value, it was first published in 2015 but is still relevant & Pete's a top fulla

Name:  book.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  175.7 KB
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Thanks for the reply's guys, Scored a copy. Ended up buying all four Lentle and Saxton books in one hit haha.