Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Husky1600
  • 1 Post By Survy
  • 1 Post By Scout
  • 1 Post By RBANGA300wm
  • 1 Post By Mathias
  • 2 Post By TARGEX
  • 2 Post By Survy
  • 1 Post By WillB

Thread: Stock for a CZ 452

Stock for a CZ 452

So I managed to break some wood off my CZ 452 stock around the tang area - does anyone have a stock they want to move on?

I think theres one available on the yellow site, nah, its for a 527 - bugger
    WillB likes this.

Photos ?

Is it sometning you could fill with a piece of wood, sand down, fill or resins and smooth off ?
    WillB likes this.
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

Cheers for that. Iím just heading to the range to see if it still shoots. Iíll put pics up. Itís a chunk off behind the bolt cut out

Name:  B19649B9-DE89-4487-ABF1-EBB5156A2F30.jpeg
Views: 116
Size:  2.25 MB

I’d adjusted the trigger and I was doing a safety check... on a concrete floor. Oh do I feel dumb. Also the trigger was too light and it was tripping so I had to put it back to where it was.

I do have the pieces. There are two. They look pretty horrible if I try to fit them back into place though.

Oh I feel for you, but on the concrete bud !

I think it you were very careful & did it before you mess with the bits & there is not much moisture in the air, you could glue that back in prefect with a good glue, if not so careful, even then it could go back in very nicely but you may need to refinish the stock as that sure is white under there !
    WillB likes this.

Try kilwell mate got one for his 455, wasnít too badly priced from memory
    WillB likes this.

Thanks guys - yeah, on the concrete. I think I made it worse because the action screws weren't fully tightened so the action was probably moving in the stock. Pretty gutted, but at least the gun still seems to shoot the same. Gun City have a Boyds thumbhole stock so I might just go for that. I don't think Kilwell have any of the 452 stocks in at the moment - had a look at the website. I will have a go at repairing it if I can get my courage up. Not really a wood worker! But yes, maybe some good glue and give it a sand and a new finish... it could be a project. Oh God.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    If you choose to glue it up, use a good quality aliphatic wood glue. I've done a couple that were crack right through the wrist and have stayed together for years now.
    WillB likes this.

targex
    You'll be able to glue that back with good glue if your careful. Can always give the whole stock a cool paint job of some sort so you don't have to look at the repair if it shows too much.
    Don't worry I've seen far worse, like the pig hunter that "caressed" his dog with a Ruger 44mag (the semi auto one) with all the workings in the forend of the stock. Was kindling when he gave it to me to "fix". I had to build a whole new one for him, probably made him more careful with it & his dogs.
    Moa Hunter and WillB like this.

Larry Potterfield (from Midways USA) the king of kings has some interesting videos (quite dated now) especially around fixing wooden stocks, if you have the pieces available you might be able to get away with a real good repair with quality product.
    Iím no expert and you may get better advice from other forum members in this field, but a repair job, if it shoots straight afterwards makes a dam good story to go with a this rifle.
    Moa Hunter and WillB like this.
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

Quote Originally Posted by Survy View Post
    Larry Potterfield (from Midways USA) the king of kings has some interesting videos (quite dated now) especially around fixing wooden stocks, if you have the pieces available you might be able to get away with a real good repair with quality product.
    I’m no expert and you may get better advice from other forum members in this field, but a repair job, if it shoots straight afterwards makes a dam good story to go with a this rifle.
    That's a good way of looking at it - thanks!
    Jit likes this.