Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Shelley
  • 2 Post By Aiden k

Thread: Svord double knife combo and HGD leather pouch sheath

Svord double knife combo and HGD leather pouch sheath

So I need some funds to get a new sharpening system, and as I make my own knifes I no longer need this combination, my loss your gain as its a damn good one. Its a couple of years old, has had minimal use and it is all in mint condition.

There two knives, both Svords, a model 67L, which is an orange polypropylene handle model with yellow liners, with is a full tang curved skinning knife in Swedish 15N20 Udderholm steel with Mr Bakers propriety heat treatment, I have tidied up the knife a little, I took the usual poorly finished spine off the blade and polished it to 1200 grit, took the few high spots on the liners off and generally made it slightly more comfortable in the hand and a lot nicer to look at.
    This model you can see on a lot of sites, its got 5 3/4 inch curved blade, being bright orange you are not likely to lose it, has two brass pins and a lanyard hole, the steel is thin, slightly thicker than 2 mm, and I have put one hell of an edge on it, you can certainly shave with it, no rust, no nicks, ready to go.

The second knife is Svords wooden handled peasant knife with a 3 inch blade, again in Swedish 15N20 and just under 2 mm thick, with the same heat treatment. Again I could not help tinkering with this and have smoothed off the back a little and taken some of the unnecessary bulk out of the handle, got rid of the sharp edges and generally cleaned up the knife and made it more comfortable to hold and use. The blade on this is also damn sharp.

The hand crafted Leather Sheath is custom made by HGD (Hamish Graham Designs) to fit this combo, its thick yellow leather, riveted, with black stitching with green belt loops and a second pouch on the front with yellow stitching for the peasant knife. A flap completes the package with a dome down to cover both knives.
    The sheath is a damn piece or art and superbly made and if I could reuse for a different knife I would probably keep it...but it was made for these knifes and they all go together like peas in a pod.

This is a superb package for NZ hunting, you will be able to process anything you care to trap, shoot or hook with these, the only downside to the curved skinner is that the tip is not very sharp, but the peasant has an awesome point so all your bases are covered and being able to use the peasant for the rough stuff means that your edge on the skinner will always be sharp for game.

Name:  IMG_1894.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  1,013.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1895.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  1,021.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1896.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  794.4 KB

Price, well the curved skinner goes for between $89 and $119, the peasant (wooden handle) goes for between $42 and $50, the sheet, which is custom made here in NZ I paid $110 for.
    So if you were to buy that new today you would be forking over the best part of $250, I want $165 which includes posting anywhere in NZ with tracking.

Shelley

I'll take that if you want to pm account
    puku and Double Shot like this.

Sure Aiden K