Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Swap: Polish M44 for .22 LR

Recently relocated to SI and have a Polish M44 Moisin-Nagant that will just be gathering dust from what I can see. By memory, it's about 1951 vintage. Original stock, but missing bayonet. Turned-over bolt -- reportedly by armoury. I've smoothed out the trigger a bit. Tidy gun, currently in secure storage in Auckland, but will be retrieving my wee collection within a couple of weeks.

Anyone keen to swap for a decent .22 LR, let me know.

If it wasn't for the bent bolt handle and missing bayo I'd be super keen. Bugger

Actually I might be keen. Have a Marlin 60 that doesn't get used. Pics?

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    I might be keen also. I have been wanting to build a LR Mosin for some time

The Poles are too nice to cut up Has the Bayo been cut off or removed properly?

Bayonet was removed cleanly (not by me) -- if it weren't for the groove in the stock, you wouldn't know it was originally there. Fitted with original sling, but no oiling or cleaning gear, sorry. I'm told these were common mods for police/militia use, but obviously can't verify. Can post pics once I retrieve from Auckland. Can throw in about 50-75 rounds of steel-case Russian ammo as well if pickup were in person (either NI when I pick up, else ChCh) -- would have no use for it anyway.

Not going to cut it up. Period style scope and mount and maybe rebarrel if it won't go MOA out to 1000

You wont see it hitting anything, or anybody directly beside you. M44 are carbines famous for muzzle flash and recoil, mainly with milsurp ammo. 91/30's are more controllable with their longer barrel. Age wise that should have a nice action finish compared to wartime production.

Woops - spose I should have read the title more clearly!

I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by nyer View Post
    Bayonet was removed cleanly (not by me) -- if it weren't for the groove in the stock, you wouldn't know it was originally there. Fitted with original sling, but no oiling or cleaning gear, sorry. I'm told these were common mods for police/militia use, but obviously can't verify. Can post pics once I retrieve from Auckland. Can throw in about 50-75 rounds of steel-case Russian ammo as well if pickup were in person (either NI when I pick up, else ChCh) -- would have no use for it anyway.
    If your interested in my Marlin let me know. Has had bugger all use. Bought it 2nd hand from Barry Hart, the well known defense lawyer. He never used it. Basically excellent condition. 15 round mag, accurate, super reliable. Don't use it anymore