Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: take down .22

take down .22

just seeing what's out there in the way of .22 cal take down rifles.

I would prefer the Canterbury area, but not going to poo poo a good deal if a little more paper work involved!!!

Not interested in scopes, etc (sadly have a spare or two now!!) Just a decent take down .22 cal

cheers
    I appreciate & respect differing views, I greatly value the benefit of good conversation around differing opinions & respect points of view contrary to my own, however when youíre a belligerent self-opinionated obnoxious troll like individual, +1 to the ignore list

Little bump
    I appreciate & respect differing views, I greatly value the benefit of good conversation around differing opinions & respect points of view contrary to my own, however when youíre a belligerent self-opinionated obnoxious troll like individual, +1 to the ignore list

What is your budget?

how soon do you need it? you know how to contact me

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    how soon do you need it? you know how to contact me
    I’ve a nice wee German made rifle that fits most of what I want, just was looking for something a little more compact

Quote Originally Posted by Tertle View Post
    I’ve a nice wee German made rifle that fits most of what I want, just was looking for something a little more compact
    If it is any help, I have owned in the past a Ruger take down and a pappoose as wellas a chinese copy of the browning. I think the brownings will be hard to come by as I think mine had a 15 shot mag, (but it may have been a 10....)

I preferred the design of the ruger being simple to use and looks mich like a normal Ruger when assembled, but I preferred the compactness of the pappoose package. The Box that holds ONE ruger 10/22 TD kit will fit FOUR Pappooses without a crush......

If you want a compact discrete takedown that is easy to pack and carry the pappoose is the way to go. But while the ruger is bulkier, its design makes it a very difficult choice between the two..

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    If it is any help, I have owned in the past a Ruger take down and a pappoose as wellas a chinese copy of the browning. I think the brownings will be hard to come by as I think mine had a 15 shot mag, (but it may have been a 10....)

I preferred the design of the ruger being simple to use and looks mich like a normal Ruger when assembled, but I preferred the compactness of the pappoose package. The Box that holds ONE ruger 10/22 TD kit will fit FOUR Pappooses without a crush......

If you want a compact discrete takedown that is easy to pack and carry the pappoose is the way to go. But while the ruger is bulkier, its design makes it a very difficult choice between the two..
    To be honest while I’ve never used something like the Henry AR7 I’m tending to something as compact as that?

The little Browning is the best of them and they shoot very well. Just donít put your hand under the ejection slide. The shells come out super hot!
    nor-west likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    The little Browning is the best of them and they shoot very well. Just don’t put your hand under the ejection slide. The shells come out super hot!
    Or wear gumboots........Hot shell in there hurts like hell.
    @Tertle The Pappoose by marlin would be that compact. The Ruger 10/22 is exactly the same size as a normal 10/22 except that it goes into two pieces. This is one I used to own.

Name:  Papoose (1S).jpg
Views: 175
Size:  291.6 KB
    Name:  Papoose (5).jpg
Views: 188
Size:  1.54 MB
    Name:  Papoose (6S).jpg
Views: 179
Size:  395.6 KB

Now if they decided to make a Ruger 96 in the Takedown, That would be an absolute must have........
    mudgripz, mikee and A330driver like this.

Another vote for the papoose. Trigger can use some work usually, but they're good light weight easy to maintain rifles.

It was a while ago but there were a few reviews about saying the henry barrel wasnt up for long term use, (designed as a survival rifle so only good for a couple 100 rounds) could have changed since then

the police may have some kitset ones that they might want to sell and they might have the advantage of being able to shoot around obstacles.

Another vote for a papoose/70P/70PSS. Have a bone standard blued/wood, and an integrally suppresses stainless/synthetic one. They are so so super light compared to the Ruger TD (2kg vs 1.5kg). If you get one of the later ones (although the model on the whole isn't made anymore I don't think), they have a last round bolt hold open, and a bolt release lever for when a fresh mag has been inserted.

Name:  30738988_10155515320296593_1136089725342318592_n.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  104.3 KB
    Tertle likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

still shows up on the marlin website.

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    still shows up on the marlin website.
    So it does! Tried to get one new a while back and was told no go, must have been the local importer or they started back up again
    Identify your target beyond all doubt