Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Targets

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    47

    Targets

    Hi guys
    HT 450 grade 8mm targets
    set of three for $90 free shipping dimensions are 100x100mm gongs and 350x500mm standing target
    location is Tauranga if you want to pick up if not postage is free , happy to answer any questions

    Name:  IMG_0730.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  1.90 MB

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    47
    now selling this set for $50 with free tracked courier

  3. #3
    MSL
    MSL is online now
    Member MSL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,403
    Seems too cheap to be true?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    47
    its true I have too many sitting around my garage need to go

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stewart island / canterbury
    Posts
    7,320
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter013 View Post
    now selling this set for $50 with free tracked courier
    Free courier to the other end of the country.... @Angus_A still has mine from The Toby shoot

  6. #6
    Member jim160's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    2,076
    Will these be marked or dented by 223/308 rounds. The last lot I got that were supposed to be bizloy plates capable of taking 308 rounds took divots out of the steel. Pretty sure it was mild steel rather than bizloy.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stewart island / canterbury
    Posts
    7,320
    Quote Originally Posted by jim160 View Post
    Will these be marked or dented by 223/308 rounds. The last lot I got that were supposed to be bizloy plates capable of taking 308 rounds took divots out of the steel. Pretty sure it was mild steel rather than bizloy.
    Would still be happy to take them, saves walking 500m (return with 40m elevation) to check target. Much easier if the damn thing moves

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    47
    not sure sorry , 223 might mark them . Where did you get your last ones from? these are definatly 450 high tensile

  9. #9
    Member jim160's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    2,076
    I got them off someone on here. Any copper jacketed proj takes a chunk out of the plate. AP drills a hole clean through.

  10. #10
    Member janleroux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter013 View Post
    Hi guys
    HT 450 grade 8mm targets
    set of three for $90 free shipping dimensions are 100x100mm gongs and 350x500mm standing target
    location is Tauranga if you want to pick up if not postage is free , happy to answer any questions

    Attachment 105270
    Any more if these available to order/buy?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by janleroux View Post
    Any more if these available to order/buy?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @janleroux I can source 300x300 AR450 10mm (3/8") for about $47 +gst if you're still looking. I'm based in Welly

  12. #12
    Member janleroux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by McNotty View Post
    @janleroux I can source 300x300 AR450 10mm (3/8") for about $47 +gst if you're still looking. I'm based in Welly
    Hi @McNotty,
    Thanks!
    Got two a while ago, but I will be looking for some more soon. Any chance that you can do bigger ones as well?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by janleroux View Post
    Hi @McNotty,
    Thanks!
    Got two a while ago, but I will be looking for some more soon. Any chance that you can do bigger ones as well?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @janleroux
    Yup, let me know a size and I can get a quote. I don't make anything on them.

  14. #14
    Member janleroux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by McNotty View Post
    @janleroux
    Yup, let me know a size and I can get a quote. I don't make anything on them.
    Hi @McNotty,

    These are the sizes I would like to add to my collection:

    - 100 x 100mm
    - 200 x 200mm
    - 500 x 500mm

    With holes on two corners to hook a chain to for hanging them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Nga
    Nga is offline
    Member Nga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Auckland region
    Posts
    303
    How’d they go with a 7mm wsm at 1000 or so? Wanting to get some long range targets soon.
    Roses are red
    Bacon is red
    Poems are hard
    Bacon.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 300m targets - where to get
    By mosinchap in forum Shooting
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 15-10-2018, 12:46 PM
  2. Exploding targets
    By Impacttargets in forum Shooting
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 20-09-2016, 09:58 PM
  3. Targets
    By Ranger 888 in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-09-2015, 01:06 AM
  4. targets
    By mumabear in forum Shooting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16-04-2012, 09:08 PM
  5. targets
    By mumabear in forum Reloading and Ballistics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 10:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!