Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Stager BLK Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Te Anau boat ride

Hazzid
    Hankinson is still a pretty big lake mate Id off to let you borrow ally hull inflatable with 15 hp from invers if you get stuck no beaches and steep sides if you get in the shit and would only attack it in good weather it takes a while to fly over it so would take hours to paddle lol

Thanks mate!
    Seems like need to find an other solutions !
    Cheers!

I’m sitting on the sidelines wondering if come April we’re gonna be treated to one of the best examples of Darwinism we’ve ever seen in NZ. On the one hand I’m kinda… nah, don’t do it, but on the other its kinda yeah go for the crazy mofo plan mate, entertain us.

If you survive after putting rescue services lives at risk, expect serious repercussions.
    Last edited by Flyblown; 21-12-2021 at 08:29 PM.
    rugerman, Spooner and Northkiwi like this.
    Just...say...the...word

Hazzid
    Other one would be a float plane if its a chartered flight I think they have different rules that would be 100x better than boating in
    Last year we went to down Stewart Island didnt need masks or anything (this was b4 delta) because we had charterd the flight If that makes sense
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzid View Post
    Hankinson is still a pretty big lake mate Id off to let you borrow ally hull inflatable with 15 hp from invers if you get stuck no beaches and steep sides if you get in the shit and would only attack it in good weather it takes a while to fly over it so would take hours to paddle lol
    Haha it's about 6km long and if its rough I won't attempt it because we will already be in our block . And at 6km I'm sure pack rafts will do faster than 3k an hour. The guy who's selling me said they do . So it's only going to take 2 hours . I've also done lots of kayaking as I'm really into kayak fishing. So I won't risk anything that's too risky . But if I'm standing on the edge of the lake and it's flat as a pancake without a raft of some kind I'll be pissed .

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Carbine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill243 View Post
    Haha it's about 6km long and if its rough I won't attempt it because we will already be in our block . And at 6km I'm sure pack rafts will do faster than 3k an hour. The guy who's selling me said they do . So it's only going to take 2 hours . I've also done lots of kayaking as I'm really into kayak fishing. So I won't risk anything that's too risky . But if I'm standing on the edge of the lake and it's flat as a pancake without a raft of some kind I'll be pissed .

Met a family on the Hollyofrd, doing the Hollyford/Pyke pack rafting circuit. Two adults and 2 kids in 2 boats and they were coping fine, rowed down McKerrow, Wilmot and Alabaster. If the weathers against you, you just sit it out until its all good. And they were telling me that they can average 5km per hour, about the same as a good walk. So Hankinson should be fine if the weather plays its part. I can just imagine quietly paddling up the lake and a bull lets rip in the bush around you. Would be cool!

The Hollyford is nothing like the Wapiti area, having spent a reasonable amount of time in both. Hollyford is a nice easy area to explore.

I've refrained from dabbling into this thread( as I avoid the topic of the covid/ the jab) however if I can help people I will do some ringing around the club down here.

For those who are looking for options let me know you're dates etc and I'll see if I can put you in touch with people.
    Carbine, 7mmwsm, Husky1600 and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    I've refrained from dabbling into this thread( as I avoid the topic of the covid/ the jab) however if I can help people I will do some ringing around the club down here.

For those who are looking for options let me know you're dates etc and I'll see if I can put you in touch with people.
    Thanks mate . It's great to see still some good buggers out there willing to help . I would do the same you. Thanks to all of you in this thread that have been helpful and supportive it's much appreciated

Carbine, Husky1600, bunji and 1 others like this.

Im in the same boat as you so will be needing to find my own boat across the lake as the case may be. Hopefully boat companies may review their policies by allowing similar options to national transport operators 🤞
    burtonator likes this.

Just some info that may be of interest ,we have been in contact with DOC for a while about getting back into our before the Lock Downs regular self boat trips into Stewart Island & Fiordland .Mate was notified today they have had their first confirmed Chyna Flu case staying in the Fiordland huts/walk , infected were on Kepler track from 2528 February, staying at Luxmore, Iris Burn and Moturau huts on the 25, 26 and 27 February respectively. Mate was told they will be having a crack down on proof of vaccination at all DOC sites & transport providers ,including random spot checks ,so l would say those in the Wap Ballot will be stuffed without proof.
    "Fair Winds and Following Seas" - Capt Ron You Glorious Bastard.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by bunji View Post
    Just some info that may be of interest ,we have been in contact with DOC for a while about getting back into our before the Lock Downs regular self boat trips into Stewart Island & Fiordland .Mate was notified today they have had their first confirmed Chyna Flu case staying in the Fiordland huts/walk , infected were on Kepler track from 25–28 February, staying at Luxmore, Iris Burn and Moturau huts on the 25, 26 and 27 February respectively. Mate was told they will be having a crack down on proof of vaccination at all DOC sites & transport providers ,including random spot checks ,so l would say those in the Wap Ballot will be stuffed without proof.
    what a joke

Vax pass will be a thing of the past very soon anyhow I'd say and don't need to use the huts etc to enjoy your wapiti block
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, , 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Vax pass will be a thing of the past very soon anyhow I'd say and don't need to use the huts etc to enjoy your wapiti block
    I know of a fulla with a boat on that lake.
    Sounds like he is down that way quite often too.
    Ryan_Songhurst and Borris like this.
    Overkill is still dead.

Use your mates vp. Sorted