Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ANOTHERHUNTER
  • 1 Post By Mauser308

Thread: Temporary Builders Power Box & other stuff

Temporary Builders Power Box & other stuff

We're about to start building so need to get a power box for the builder to use for building the house.

Also after 50m of underground cable, shipping container and everything else needed to build a house. So let me know if you have anything lying around.

Just thought I'd ask on here first.

savage,look into aluminium cable instead of copper.it is a lot bigger cable but much cheaper.
    Steve123 likes this.

Hey there Savage.
    I'm just about to build a shed so I am selling my 20ft container with workshop built in.
    Has shelves in the end with a work bench and small return under the shelves. Kind of L shaped. It has 3 x long double flouro tubes, 3 x double 230vdc outlets, a small switch board, with 2 x 10 amp circuits and 1 x 16amp circuit for high draw equip like a welder. It has a Skami caravan plug mounted on the exterior and a 5" engineers vice.
    Been conduited and wired properly, but no electrical certificate ( but it would be easily enough obtained)

Bench and shelves are made from 50x50 & 25 x25 RHS box section with chip board shelves and 8"x2" bench top, all good quality materials.
    I'd let it go on here for $3800.00. Be easily about $4200 or more. I'll post some picks later to day or tomorrow when I have it emptied.

It's in Auckland. I know rule of thumb for a container is $3.50/km on a side hauler. If yr in no hurry I may be able to get a backload for free organised if there is someone to lift it off at other end( digger maybe.)

If yr after a plain box in Whangas a bit closer to home speak with Gareth Barfoote.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    We're about to start building so need to get a power box for the builder to use for building the house.

Also after 50m of underground cable, shipping container and everything else needed to build a house. So let me know if you have anything lying around.

Just thought I'd ask on here first.
    Can help you with good prices from Ideal if you have them up there
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Hi @Savage1,
    Tried to PM you but couldn't up load Jpegs from my laptop in the PM page????
    Finally got container empty today, I gave it quick sweep, but it could do with a bit of a scrub to be honest.

Its in good condition, paint looks a bit tired but everything else is tip top. Doors work and seal properly, I have had it 10 years and it has all ways been up off the ground on blocks. I fitted it out, and used good quality materials.

I'm After $3900 cash for it. I know it is worth a bit more than that, but im happy to offer it up cheaper to forum members. Seen as i mentioned it to you I thought id give you first dibs. IF your not keen ill put it on the forum FS page.

Its a Standard 20fter.
    - It has a bench and shelves made from 50 x 50 mm & 25 x 25 mm RHS, with MDF shelves and H3 6x2" planks for the bench top.
    - Bench has a 4" No 3 Record engineers vice fitted.
    - Power plug mounted to the top right hand side of container is a Caravan Plug a single phase Scami 16 amp connection.
    - 1 x small power dist board feeding:
    - 1 x RCD/ main switch.
    - 1 x 10 Amp Circuit with 3 x 1200 mm twin tube fluro lights.
    - 1 x 16 amp Circuit with 1 x double power point. (By door way, for welder or high current equip)
    - 1 x 10 amp Circuit with 2 x double power point. (Both over bench)
    - Shelves are designed to take a single row of 5 fish bins on top shelf and 2 high and two across on the three shelves on the left hand side, 17 bins in total.
    - A H3 6x2" shelf fitted to Left hand door for grinders etc to be bolted to (NOTE: grinders in pic are not part of the sale).

Like I said allow about $3.50 - $4.00 per Km for side hauler transport with a back load or as a back load. If no back load its double per Km. Local guys may be after back load.
    I have a few contacts who some times need a back load.

Let me know if your interested. It can be viewed in Riverhead Auckland, if you would like to view.

Regards,
    Name:  DSC_0396.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  1.02 MBName:  DSC_0398.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  919.6 KBName:  DSC_0400.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  979.4 KBName:  DSC_0401.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  1.01 MB

As far as ali cable, if you are needing to run through a building or around corners get the neutral screened, its more expensive but it has something called bending radius...

Also, how many phases are you running and what are you expecting to run off it (these days we are really hungry on power due to all the devices, but if you design for energy saving options you can go the other way as well).

We've just run 58m of 3 core neutral screened 16mm2, hand dug the trench due to a lot of other services in the way and run the cable through to replace a 2.5mm2 tps feed (I piss with more power...). As far as the container, they aren't worth a lot more 1-trip in from China but with the shelving etc it's pretty good. Power boxes etc would normally be something the builder would supply I would have thought because of the requirement to manage their risk with the equipment.

You'd want the contractor to sort their own gear just for the risk side of it with the new rules, unless you're building yourself in which case a $200 single-phase unit can be had from Mitre 10 in IP66 with RCD built in which will do what you want...
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    As far as ali cable, if you are needing to run through a building or around corners get the neutral screened, its more expensive but it has something called bending radius...

Also, how many phases are you running and what are you expecting to run off it (these days we are really hungry on power due to all the devices, but if you design for energy saving options you can go the other way as well).

We've just run 58m of 3 core neutral screened 16mm2, hand dug the trench due to a lot of other services in the way and run the cable through to replace a 2.5mm2 tps feed (I piss with more power...). As far as the container, they aren't worth a lot more 1-trip in from China but with the shelving etc it's pretty good. Power boxes etc would normally be something the builder would supply I would have thought because of the requirement to manage their risk with the equipment.

You'd want the contractor to sort their own gear just for the risk side of it with the new rules, unless you're building yourself in which case a $200 single-phase unit can be had from Mitre 10 in IP66 with RCD built in which will do what you want...
    We're just after single phase, just running up driveway to the side f the house, approx 50m. I do a bit of welding on occasion and run grinders etc.

Yeah it's a self build so I've got to organise everything, and I've never done anything like this before.