Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KiwiinSeattle
  • 1 Post By ANTSMAN

Thread: Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XTherm

More pills and Powder!! burtonator's Avatar

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XTherm

Before i go get one anyone have one they dont want?

Not quick enough on frodos one
    Life is the art of drawing without an eraser

Quote Originally Posted by burtonator View Post
    Before i go get one anyone have one they dont want?

Not quick enough on frodos one
    Not mine but I seen this on trademe man mite help https://trademe.nz/marketplace/sport...ing/2181676121

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Have a look at the Exped UL mats - I have a DownMat UL 7 but there is a comparable SynMat UL 9 under $200

Weight is +150g more than the Therm-a-Rest XTherm but the Exped has a quieter fabric and is not tapered at the foot. Exped have "pump bag" and large dia valves so it very quick to inflate and deflate.

Exped SynMat UL 9 - 9cm thick

https://www.bivouac.co.nz/gear/campi...ping-mats.html

Don't get an Exped with the integrated pump - they are heavier and a pain in the arse to inflate and deflate.

Here is the Exped SynMat UL 7 - 7cm thick mat - cheaper and lighter

Last edited by KiwiinSeattle; 10-06-2019 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Update info
    In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when conserved by the sportsman. The excellent people who protest against all hunting, and consider sportsmen as enemies of wildlife are wholly ignorant of the fact that in reality the genuine sportsman is by all odds the most important factor in keeping wild creatures from total extinction.
    Theodore Roosevelt

@burtonator To quote Agent 86. - "... missed it by THAT MUCH!"

Hopefully I'm not showing my age here.

I'm 56 and got that one - and there was a Get Smart movie made a few years back !
    planenutz likes this.

I only used to watch it because of Agent 99.

Quote Originally Posted by planenutz View Post
    I only used to watch it because of Agent 99.
    me toooo
    planenutz likes this.
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiinSeattle View Post
    Have a look at the Exped UL mats - I have a DownMat UL 7 but there is a comparable SynMat UL 9 under $200

Weight is +150g more than the Therm-a-Rest XTherm but the Exped has a quieter fabric and is not tapered at the foot. Exped have "pump bag" and large dia valves so it very quick to inflate and deflate.

Exped SynMat UL 9 - 9cm thick

Don't get an Exped with the integrated pump - they are heavier and a pain in the arse to inflate and deflate.

Here is the Exped SynMat UL 7 - 7cm thick mat - cheaper and lighter

I looked at the downmat but there is lots of reports that the insulation moves around alot. Also can hardly compare a lightly insulated mat to the xtherm which is heavily insulated. Also the outside baffles of the Exped are not insulated. We'll the downmat hl model is not and its the premium version. Hold it up to the light while it's pumped up and you will see.
    @burtonator The thermarest can be found cheap on freeze Pro shop in th UK with free shipping to nz. I brought mine there about 2 years ago. My girlfriends one just arrived from there yesterday. The Thermarest also has a lifetime warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    I looked at the downmat but there is lots of reports that the insulation moves around alot. Also can hardly compare a lightly insulated mat to the xtherm which is heavily insulated. Also the outside baffles of the Exped are not insulated. We'll the downmat hl model is not and its the premium version. Hold it up to the light while it's pumped up and you will see.
    @burtonator The thermarest can be found cheap on freeze Pro shop in th UK with free shipping to nz. I brought mine there about 2 years ago. My girlfriends one just arrived from there yesterday. The Thermarest also has a lifetime warranty.
    @Stocky
    Thanks for the pointer on Freeze Pro Shop... looks like they have been cleaned out of the XTherm but some other good products there.

Parallel from freeze pro at your own risk, no NZ warranty and it’ll usually be “made in Ireland” which are well known for being inferior to the US made stock.

SGR
    Do you get stung with import duty as well?

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Parallel from freeze pro at your own risk, no NZ warranty and it’ll usually be “made in Ireland” which are well known for being inferior to the US made stock.
    I purchased mine from Frezepro through Trademe. So far it’s fine and I’d expect as it was sold through a NZ site it should be covered regardless if it’s parallel imported.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

DBD
    Sused them Exped UL mats out to day and compaired it to the old trusty Thermatest 3.8 , they look good on the flat concrete floor and super comfy...but very fragile. I was gonna spend some cash but walked out empty handed with good trust in the old 3.8 👍

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    I purchased mine from Frezepro through Trademe. So far it’s fine and I’d expect as it was sold through a NZ site it should be covered regardless if it’s parallel imported.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Was it supplied from UK stock? Ie did it ship directly to you from Freezepro?
    Does it say “made in Ireland” on the label next to serial number on mattress?

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Um not sure where you heard that it's inferior I know of more USA made stock that has failed. Also the warranty is still good it just has to be shipped back to the UK. Mines been going good for two years. Also if I remember right awhile ago thermarest moved all the neoair line to manufacturing in Ireland even those brought in the USA. (may have been temporarily).

Good on you for raising potential risks of parallel importing but some people think the slight risk is worth it. As for the quality comment prove it. I know of atleast few here on the forum that have used them and have not had issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SGR View Post
    Do you get stung with import duty as well?
    Nope it comes in well under the limit.