Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Tikka M695 (whitetail) 30-06 Stainless Synthetic with 'the Works'

Tikka M695 (whitetail) 30-06 Stainless Synthetic with 'the Works'

**PHOTOS TO COME**

Hi Guys,

I am new here, and am basically looking to see what I can get for my rifle, to see if it is worth selling. The package is as set out below:

1 x Tikka M695 Stainless 30-06 (slight imperfections on the stock and barrel, but no pitting, rust, or other marks in the bore)
    1 x Bushnell Elite 3200 3 - 9 x 40 scope
    1 x Set aluminium rings
    1 x Shoulder strap
    1 x bipod
    1 x Over-barrel suppression (reduces recoil and muzzle lift, and takes the 'crack' out of the sound - best for bench shooting as is quite heavy).

The advantage of the M695 compared to the T3 lite is the durability, more steel, and, I think, more accuracy. Before I took the stock off I had managed to shoot a group @ 100 where all the holes 'key-holed'; now needs to be sighted - will hit a dinner plate @ 100m. Despite what some people think about the 30-06 there is bugger all recoil, and it is a pleasure to shoot. The action is silky-smooth, and the trigger crisp as a fresh-winter apple.

Depending on what a person is after, this is an immaculate and practical rifle. I am only selling to downgrade while at uni, and get into clay shooting. So, if anyone is in the market, let me know.

You have a rough idea what sort of money your after? I know what I paid for my Whitetail Hunter 595.
    Gun control means using both hands

To be honest, I know that I want a fair price for it - the problem is I don't know what a fair price for the package is. I have had a look, and I can find no reliable sales info for it in New Zealand. One purpose of this thread is to attempt to ascertain what that price is. The only $$$ info I have on it, is that it is insured for a bit over $3,000 replacement, but I know it is not worth that to sell.

Also, there is a full box of hornady 165gr ammo that will come with the package.

I payed 800 for a tidy 595 bare

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by I_shoot_freely View Post
    To be honest, I know that I want a fair price for it - the problem is I don't know what a fair price for the package is. I have had a look, and I can find no reliable sales info for it in New Zealand. One purpose of this thread is to attempt to ascertain what that price is. The only $$$ info I have on it, is that it is insured for a bit over $3,000 replacement, but I know it is not worth that to sell.

Also, there is a full box of hornady 165gr ammo that will come with the package.
    Value to sell around $1300 IMHO . It is well overvalued insurance wise.

Thanks very much for the info. Was yours stainless? What calibre? You got a good rifle at a good price.

I have also had a quick look on trademe for other stainless Tikka packages being sold, and I guess I would be looking for around $1,800 for everything.

I will try to get photos up soon.

I forgot to note that I had the suppressor custom made for the rifle.

I just sent all the details to a couple of gun stores for full replacement value, as that is what our policy is for. They sent back quotes that came out at that much. You are probably right, but a quote at $x value means that is market value.

Really? I know it is second hand, but the scope was $500, rings $150, suppressor $400 etc etc. If it is only worth $1,300 I would rather keep it as I will eventually be buying another large calibre rifle, and don't think I could get the quality for the sale price again.

Thanks for your input though, it is interesting to note what other people think - trademe data seems to be inaccurate due to the fact that listed prices are just what people want - it would be handy to know what they actually sell for.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I payed 800 for a tidy 595 bare

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    You got a good deal VC
    Gun control means using both hands

Recently sold my Tikka m595, wood blued, left hand, 7-08cal, sako optilock rings, near new leupold vx1 2-7x33 and DPT suppressor, all for $1350.

Rifle wasn't perfect in condition, maybe 8/10, so very today for age. Barrel had been shortened too which puts some people off. I was happy with price.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

I brought are stainless 270 695 for 900 bare

I picked up a .308 M595 in Stainless for $900 bare rifle, no rings, but it had done a bit of work. Still a much better buy than a T3 - twice the rifle IMO.

kj

Hi, thanks for the last two posts - makes me think it all might be worth a bit more than $1300.

AB Precision
    As others have said 13 to 1500, it maybe more to replace but who is going to buy yours if you price it at 2k when new not that much more. . .. .

Your gun tho put it on trademe an you will soon see if it's priced to sell

Seams a waste of a thread if you keep saying it worth more then what they are telling you . . . . .

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

i reckon $1300 is accurate tbh
    You have to think about the fact that someone buying a rifle will quite likely have a scope/bipod/rings/sling, or at least some of those so its hard to justify the increased price.
    Sure you might find the perfect buyer with none of the mentioned gear and it just so happens they want all of the exact same gear but depends how long you want the rifle sitting there.
    What brand bipod?
    If its not a harris its not really worth much and the sling is regarded as a throw in free item looking form a buyers perspective.
    Also if your rings are the factory tikka ones they are a through in as well, they come with new guns.
    And i could buy your scope for $300 new
    But your gun so you set the price, its much easier to start high and work your way down then start low and work your way up
    Last edited by PerazziSC3; 11-08-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Generally I think that we way over-value second hand firearms.

I suspect that a lot of the rifles that don't sell on Trademe are finally passed on as trades in a deal where the retailer knocks a little bit off the new one, and heaps off the trade. Its the trades they make the most from.

If you want to sell a rifle you need to be realistic. You just have to meet the market.

Another thing to consider is the calibre. 30-06 does not sell well if you use Trademe as a guide.
    Last edited by Tahr; 11-08-2013 at 04:05 PM.
    ebf and BRADS like this.