Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Friwi
  • 4 Post By Friwi

Thread: Tikka t3 parts

Tikka t3 parts

Hi guys I have a tikka t3 action, stock and barrel for sale on trademe. The links are below

Action Tikka action for 270 | Trade Me

Barrel Tikka t3 270 barrel | Trade Me

Stock Tikka t3 stock | Trade Me

Thanks.

How come u r splitting it up ?

i got it all at different times. plan was to build one but i cant get a bolt.

The bolt is the first thing to get for any tikka built, as there are plenty of bolt less living dead tikkas roaming the New Zealand cabinets :-)
    Dan-N and WallyR like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    The bolt is the first thing to get for any tikka built, as there are plenty of bolt less living dead tikkas roaming the New Zealand cabinets :-)
    Ain't that the truth, and you get nothing selling the bloody thing and the bolt shows up a week later

I have to tell you that lost bolt story that happened to a mate:
    He had a tikka 270. One day , Having a successfull hunt in the kaimais ,my mate get the deer he shot ready to carry out, and decide to remove the bolt of his gun and puts it in his pocket. After an hour or so of walking he arrives at his car on the car park. Packs up everything and heads home.
    Of course, priority is putting the gun in the cabinet, next taking care of bambi, then relaxing with a beer.
    The following day he decides to sort out rest of his hunting gear and did not think any longer about his bolt.
    Not having only one rifle but a few more, the 270 stayed back, bolt less in the safe, as it shoot be stored.
    Then a few month later, when reaching for it and looking for the bolt, nothing. My mate cursed himself and was looking for that bolt everywhere, even going up that kaimai track several times to look for it, but alas, nothing , no bolt.
    His 270 tikka remained in that bolt less state for a couple of year.
    One day, while driving in his local town, he had to brake suddenly on the street.
    A lady coming behind him, pushed the brakes to late and smashed the back of his car.
    It was a write off.
    My mate was asked by his insurance company to go to the wrecker the following day and remove any belongings in the car.
    And while looking under his seat, he found his tikka bolt.
    Where he got lucky, is that he was meant to sell his car the following month ,had it not crashed and he might have sold the car for less than was worth the bolt!
    It simply had slipped off his pocket on his way home on that hunt day.