Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Arsenal

User Tag List

Like Tree1480Likes

Thread: Trade Me good deals thread

And @deer4u you are literally the biggest trademe pest I have seen and I'm on there a fair bit.... so what's the problem buttercup?
    Name:  Screenshot_20210504-192723_Chrome.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  342.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    That's my auction. Dont see what's a dick move about it? Trying to sell some stuff to buy that barret 50 cal. Had other plans for the sako but as you see I'm selling two other guns as well. I dont need to sell anything as I dont really need a 50 cal, so why give it away?
    For those that struggle with this...... here is how smart trading works and how you get ahead - you buy something and sell it for more than you paid, if someone wants it enough to pay you what you ask, both buyer and seller happy. Neither buyer nor seller owe anyone else anything.

Can I buy your house for what you paid? bet the answer is no.

I got my hands on a nice little .308 recently for silly good money, maybe I'll keep it but chances are I 'll play with it for a bit and then move it on, guess what, I will be asking more than I paid, better pile up your rock for biffing at me too.
    ANOTHERHUNTER, Mintie and onlyhsh like this.

Haha tell me about @257weatherby. One of the other guns I'm selling on trademe I bought on this forum for less than I'm selling it for, but it's what it's worth to me and if someone wants to buy it, good for them, if not I keep it and I will be equally as happy.

Haha tell me about @257weatherby. One of the other guns I'm selling on trademe I bought on this forum for less than I'm selling it for, but it's what it's worth to me and if someone wants to buy it, good for them, if not I keep it and I will be equally as happy.
    Exactly, something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay.
    If it's for more than you brought it for then all the better.
    That's how we upgrade and get better stuff.
    If people pay more than what I got it for, then clearly it's good for me.
    Dealers in shops do it with every rifle they buy.

If it offends someone that your selling it for more, then who cares.

You have to be interested in their opinions first in order to care what they say.

Anyway if anyone wants it for $1700, except deer4u, I'm happy to sell for that as I save trademe fees. Still a pretty good deal for a finnlight, even if it is a 270
    buzzman, Tikka7mm08, dale and 2 others like this.

What i would hate to see is guys buying stuff cheap on the forum and reselling it just to make a profit. Don't care what happens on trademe.
    A lot on here sell it cheap to help others out on the forum and because there are no fees, same with the "pay it forward" thread.

Gee I wish I had seen it for the original TM price, been after one for ages that I can re-barrel to 338/06, was thinking one with a stuffed barrel but boy that would of been fantastic !

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Gee I wish I had seen it for the original TM price, been after one for ages that I can re-barrel to 338/06, was thinking one with a stuffed barrel but boy that would of been fantastic !
    You want a long action?

MSL
    Yeah I bought that one for more than your asking, had it a few years, sold it on here for the same price I paid. Itís worth the asking price, easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    Yeah I bought that one for more than your asking, had it a few years, sold it on here for the same price I paid. It’s worth the asking price, easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeh I really dont want to sell that rifle to be fair, so much fun but I have an itch for a 50 but not a big enough itch to invest in without selling some toys as a compromise

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    What i would hate to see is guys buying stuff cheap on the forum and reselling it just to make a profit. Don't care what happens on trademe.
    A lot on here sell it cheap to help others out on the forum and because there are no fees, same with the "pay it forward" thread.
    To be fair, most of us buying and selling and trading on the forum break even at best, the rifles, scopes and gear/stuff I've sold on here have always been at sharp prices, that's why they've moved in the first place!- but, there is no actual rule, just this implied "thing", perhaps a group approach to the forum mods to put into place an actual rule that you MUST not sell anything on here or Tm for more than you paid.

How many would be happy with that? should we have a poll maybe?

Yes @superdiver if I,m to fit the 338/06 on her, I would most likely pick a short 85 Finnlight to replace my short 75 Finnlight 308 but I don't know if they are any better, I do dislike the ugly shroud on my 75 but like the stock on the 75 Finnlight !

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    To be fair, most of us buying and selling and trading on the forum break even at best, the rifles, scopes and gear/stuff I've sold on here have always been at sharp prices, that's why they've moved in the first place!- but, there is no actual rule, just this implied "thing", perhaps a group approach to the forum mods to put into place an actual rule that you MUST not sell anything on here or Tm for more than you paid.

How many would be happy with that? should we have a poll maybe?
    I think it comes down to morals

I gave away a rifle on here once a few years ago, literally gave it away, didn't even get a thanks once the recipient got it, but that's ok, I don't expect a gold star or a song and dance for a good deed but then saw it sold on trademe not long after which I thought was a bit of a dick move. Such is the risk of trying to be a good bastard towards others within a community. It's gotten worse over the past few years I can remember there used to always be "forum bike" items that would go through a few hands, always at the same good deal passed on from member to member but now days the good deal heads straight for big yellow
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, Ö, 9.

Does anyone cry and feel sorry when you loose 50% on what was paid for an item, think not, goes both ways. Can't always go one way, most just take the good with the bad luck.