Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UHF aerial

UHF aerial

Team, after a couple of UHF aerials for my truck(s) would even consider another radio if anyone wanted to get rid of one lying about
    www.allaboutenfields.co.nz dedicated to a great old rifle thatís still knocking them over!

not quite that simple, UHF covers an entire radio band and the aerial is tuned to a specific frequency (or group of frequencies). there are also variables such as 1/4 wave, 5/8th wave, loaded base etc.
    if you get it wrong the SWR (standing wave ratio) of transmitter is all wrong and damage may ensue as signal is not radiated from the antenna and "bounces back" into the transmitter

Ok just after a couple of UHF aerial suitable for an orcom or gme 5 watt radio that I've got in my truck(s) have a shorter one for bush but just after a couple for either spares or longer range, if nothing about I will wait till supercheap have a sale
    www.allaboutenfields.co.nz dedicated to a great old rifle thatís still knocking them over!

Quote Originally Posted by ROKTOY View Post
    +1 for this guy. Have bought a few items off him.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    +1 for this guy. Have bought a few items off him.

thanks will have a look, and man i need to get you that torch back, I will try and get around sometime this week during the days if thats ok?

the two i have been looking at super cheap I've been told are not very well suited to any off road adventures even they though they have what appears to be a good solid spring that you would think would allow for the odd knock! will go the second option, thanks

Loaded whips are ok.
    I run a short ground plane independent aerial from Marine electrical solutions (trade me seller above)https://www.marineelectricalsolutions.co.nz), I 4wd in quite a bit of tight bush and snap longer aerials off. I also carry a short 15cm whip in the glove box as a spare, any aerial is better than none. A spring on the base can be a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tertle View Post
    thanks will have a look, and man i need to get you that torch back, I will try and get around sometime this week during the days if thats ok?
    No hurry. Still have a couple of others.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!