Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Tommy
  • 1 Post By timattalon

Thread: "unique" Mosin for sale

"unique" Mosin for sale

I am mentally preparing myself for the well-deserved abuse about to be hurled my way. You know when people tell you that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, or not to spend good money after bad? Yeah. I didn't listen. Here is my bubba-fied, sporter-ised Mosin Nagant 91/30. Mismatching numbers, ATI stock, bent bolt handle (properly done, not one of those terrible drilled-and-tapped handles), Choate side scope mount and Timney trigger. The rear sight has been removed but will be included, as will the original trigger bits. I haven't done a ton of shooting for groups, and none since the new stock and trigger, but I will get out and see how it goes. I realise this is one of those cases where spending more money on the rifle has made it worth even less, I wanted to try here first, though I realise Tardme is probably more likely to find a buyer. Maybe that bloke who had that .22lr with the muzzle brake would like it, Rev Rog or something? Anyway, I'd be thrilled to get $500 for it, not including scope or rings. Cheers, Tom.
    Name:  P1020063.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  573.7 KB

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 375
Size:  63.8 KB
    Kscott, veitnamcam, Konev and 1 others like this.

Why sell it? It is well capable of most game in NZ. And not expensive to shoot. Shorten and suppress it if you like but after having one myself, they may not be worth much but they work and they work well. For what you wll get for it, I would say keep it and enjoy it.
    Tommy likes this.

Is it sniper?

Quote Originally Posted by marky123 View Post
    Is it sniper?
    Nah, most snipers I've met have two arms and two legs, look almost human believe it or not, this here is a rifle^. =)

Just kidding, no it isn't a sniper rifle, not even I would be silly enough to sporterise a genuine Mosin Nagant sniper rifle. The real ones are highly collectable, but if you want to put together a reproduction one, I have a reproduction PU scope I need to get rid of.