Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree17Likes
  • 7 Post By Gapped axe
  • 4 Post By Neckshot
  • 1 Post By P38
  • 1 Post By Happy
  • 1 Post By Dead is better
  • 2 Post By Steveh054
  • 1 Post By Proneshooter

Thread: Unsolicided prompts

Unsolicided prompts

Have had two dealings lately, one from a guy who advertises on this forum and one who doesn't. The Knife guy who has a banner on here is definitely worth a looksee. Just found my favourite brand of knife, which I thought was obsolete. But no, he still has some of their products ,so after a quick chat and an email, I now have another version. This guy was very helpful and is worthy the support. The other was the Upper Hutt Gun shop, thanks guys for the prompt and efficient service. It's always easy to slang off on bad service and product, but the opposite seems to be the case. Harder to recognise good service and support, or at least acknowledge it. Rant over thank you
    P38, veitnamcam, gadgetman and 4 others like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Banned
    AAh bugger I thought you had a good night out on the piss!.....never mind couldn't agree more anyhow.

P38
    Good on ya Gapped Axe

Good news travels way slower the bad news, but is definitely worth the wait.

Cheers
    Pete
    keen fella likes this.

SoL
    Local love, brother.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

You are right GA . Wayne from Upper Hutt gun shop great service. Magnum Imports is his also. Always had good service there !!
    magimps likes this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Too true GA

I could bad mouth the local Pizza Hut as recently I phone ordered a pickup on the way home and hung up on the guy as I couldn't understand a word he said. Realizing I was going to go hungry and had to feed the wife I called back and hung up again out of frustration.
    Got the number for Dominos from 018 and kind of understood the guy enough to take a pizza home. Well done Dominos

My missus tore the Indian manager at or local hells pizza a new A-hole for lying to us 3 times in a row. She then wrote a tirade of abuse in email form, sends it to head office. Their eminent website vectored the vengeful (yet highly embracing email) right back to the poor sap that earned it. Ouch
    sako75 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    You are right GA . Wayne from Upper Hutt gun shop great service. Magnum Imports is his also. Always had good service there !!
    That's where your kit came from?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I bought a Dell computer a few years ago, rang, got an Indian I couldn't understand, hung up. Did this three times and then my phone rang! It was Dell, an English speaking guy ask me what my problem was. Told him, and that I wanted to speak to a person that could speak English. Sorted a very nice Japanese lady with perfect English.
    Do you think it racist to ask to speak to an English speaking person on the phone? I've just had the shit ripped out of me for doing so!
    If I ring a company and the person representing that company doesn't speak well and I cant understand them, I go elsewhere! Drives me nuts.
    I get really shitty with WEB design and INVESTMENT opportunities offered over the phone by foreign speaking persons. I told one to fuck off the other week, the bitch waited 5 mins, till I was all comfy again, and rang back, I answered the phone and she hung up!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Coming back from Huntly last weekend we stopped at the dreaded Pizza hut and ordered dinner then went and did shopping. Wife went in and brought back a "menu" which she put in the glove box and said next time be nice to the man
    A friend of ours is high up in the fast food restaurant industry. Everytime I would go through one of their drive throughs I would send a text and give feedback on the experience as well as the food. Friend said that for what they pay the employee, that is the kind of service we will get and will have to get use to it

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    I bought a Dell computer a few years ago, rang, got an Indian I couldn't understand, hung up. Did this three times and then my phone rang! It was Dell, an English speaking guy ask me what my problem was. Told him, and that I wanted to speak to a person that could speak English. Sorted a very nice Japanese lady with perfect English.
    Do you think it racist to ask to speak to an English speaking person on the phone? I've just had the shit ripped out of me for doing so!
    If I ring a company and the person representing that company doesn't speak well and I cant understand them, I go elsewhere! Drives me nuts.
    I get really shitty with WEB design and INVESTMENT opportunities offered over the phone by foreign speaking persons. I told one to fuck off the other week, the bitch waited 5 mins, till I was all comfy again, and rang back, I answered the phone and she hung up!
    I'm with you on this one, Why bother speaking to somebody that can't be understood and of course you are well within your rights to ask for an english speaking person because you are not multi lingual ( I speak english and obscene so I guess that makes me bilingual ......just saying.) I'm the one that walks down the line of Taxis at Auckland Airport asking each driver if they speak English while my Missus tries to hide and not get too embarrassed!
    sako75 and Maca49 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveh054 View Post
    I'm with you on this one, Why bother speaking to somebody that can't be understood and of course you are well within your rights to ask for an english speaking person because you are not multi lingual ( I speak english and obscene so I guess that makes me bilingual ......just saying.) I'm the one that walks down the line of Taxis at Auckland Airport asking each driver if they speak English while my Missus tries to hide and not get too embarrassed!
    Why should that be in any way thought of as racist??

New Zealand is an English speaking country... if you can't speak it then you have no business being in a public-facing service industry.

The same applies to non-english countries and english speakers.
    veitnamcam likes this.