Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: USA parts trip

USA parts trip

Hi all,
    I'm heading to the states in a couple weeks and will be bringing a couple bits and pieces back for myself.
    Wondering if anyone wants anything small from the likes of Brownells or Midway, happy to pack it away in my suitcase for you.
    Obviously no rifles or actions but mags, triggers, rings, tools etc etc.

Sling swivels, magazines, triggers, recoil pads, scope bases and rings, etc, etc, will all be seized and destroyed by Customs if you do not have an Import Permit for them in advance. If it can be attached to a gun then they will consider a 'part'! Don't expect logic to come into it. Hand tools and reloading gear will be OK.
    grunzter likes this.

Haven't had any issues in the past although that was pre CHCH.
    From my understanding, as long as it isn't included in the latest accessory ban I should be fine.

Looking at a retailers website here, it's anything that can be or is part for a firearm. That came from his Arms Officer.

I just ordered some Talley rings not available here direct form Talley's...will be interesting to see if they get through via YouShop.

That should be in the jokes thread
    timattalon, Steve123 and quentin like this.

Well you'll be very lucky, myself and others have basic's like scopes (clearly not for AR's) rings, throw levers, and other minor bits and the trouble you have to go through is grueling to say the least..

And when you think you are there, they have taken the GST, you still have no guarantee...

I'm losing business and it has cost me a small sum that has hurt my business very much, customs however don't care, if it can be attached to a firearm it's banned in their eyes it would seem

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka7mm08 View Post
    I just ordered some Talley rings not available here direct form Talley's...will be interesting to see if they get through via YouShop.
    A friend of mine tried to get some rings through youshop and they got declined - they don't ship anything firearms related at all and that was prior to chch. They will return them to sender for a refund so that's good.

I just thought stuff it have a go.
    Pete_D, iamjono and 40mm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Shot View Post
    Well you'll be very lucky, myself and others have basic's like scopes (clearly not for AR's) rings, throw levers, and other minor bits and the trouble you have to go through is grueling to say the least..

And when you think you are there, they have taken the GST, you still have no guarantee...

I'm losing business and it has cost me a small sum that has hurt my business very much, customs however don't care, if it can be attached to a firearm it's banned in their eyes it would seem
    That sucks - the best way to control firearms is not let legitimate stuff across the border...seems they are well aware of that. I am still waiting on a Dan Wesson PM9 ordered Oct last year with all permits.

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    Hand tools and reloading gear will be OK.
    How long before these become 'firearm related' and next to impossible to import...

Well I guess I’ll take the risk and update you when I’m back in the country.

Am I correct in understanding that they're denying entry to items even when an import form has been filled out and it's something basic ( ie rings, a sling, etc not scary AR related? )

Quote Originally Posted by Double Shot View Post

You're rattling me regarding this - will a single 5shot magazine from UK be likely seized before I get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka7mm08 View Post
    How long before these become 'firearm related' and next to impossible to import...
    Ive got a set of 243 reloading dies sitting in customs since 23rd May......what has become of our country!!!!!!!