Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tanqueray

Thread: Various Rifles. (Big photo warning)

Various Rifles. (Big photo warning)

We are undertaking renovations at home, which are proving to be rather costly. Subsequently (and somewhat begrudgingly) some toys have to go.

First up is my Brno ZKK 601 in .223. Factory deluxe walnut stock, lovely two stage trigger. An absolute tack-driver, reliably shoots 0.75Ē @ 100m with factory Hornady 55gr SP. Scope isnít included, but Warne 25mm rings are.
    Iím after $1200.00, which is in the upper range of what these Brnoís are worth, but this is a good one.

Also have some Lee .223 and 200 rounds that the buyer may wish to purchase.

Next up is a Winchester 1892 Sporting Rifle in 44WCF (44-40). This rifle was manufactured between 1895 and 1900. 24Ē octagonal barrel and factory 1/2 magazine, crescent rifle butt stock. Iíve tried selling this on here at a higher price a while back, but am now asking $750.00 firm. Functions well, and is accurate enough for what it is - Iíve only shot it once, and with the open sights shot 1.5Ē @ 50m off my elbows with factory Winchester ammo.

Finally, I have a little German made Voere 2107 .22lr, which I also had for sale on here a while back. This rifle is nice and accurate, with the open sights In can ring a 3Ē gong @ 50m time after time. The stock is in good nick, varnish is wearing on the fore end. I was going to strip it back, checked and oil it, but havenít got there yet. The bluing is ok, a bit thin on raised points and one scratch on the barrel. Would make a great project or nice rifle to teach the kids how to shoot with.
    Also includes a set of rings and 4x32 Nikko Stirling Silver Crown, which is supposedly better made than their modern scopes. Also comes with a 10 round magazine.
    After $250 firm for this rifle.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Scouterkotare likes this.
    More meplat, more better.

TTT

What's the trigger like on the Voere? I've had a few and moved them on as the triggers were long and creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by nor-west View Post
    What's the trigger like on the Voere? I've had a few and moved them on as the triggers were long and creepy.
    My single shot is very long and creepy too. Don't really see how you can adjust it much. It only has a bit of spring steel and a grub screw.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nor-west View Post
    Hmmm, will have to look tomorrow. I haven’t noticed it to be an issue, and certainly doesn’t affect my ability to shoot it accurately, but could well be creepy.

The photos show 2 different winchesters, pitty the one being offered isnt the saddle ring its in rather nice condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    The photos show 2 different winchesters, pitty the one being offered isnt the saddle ring its in rather nice condition.
    The saddle ring carbine I sold a while back, it was in a bit better condition than this one, and the price reflected that.

What year is the Brno?
    I have the ZKK 601 in 243 and 308 from the same year, could be destiny calling if the 223 is as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    What year is the Brno?
    I have the ZKK 601 in 243 and 308 from the same year, could be destiny calling if the 223 is as well...
    Ď82 from memory.

Bump, will upload to trademe tomorrow. Still available here at these prices.

Quote Originally Posted by tanqueray View Post
    ‘82 from memory.
    Unfortunately not the same year as the 243 and 308, and I do already have a non-Brno 223