Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By sometimes
  • 2 Post By zimmer
  • 1 Post By Maca49
  • 1 Post By Tommy
  • 2 Post By deadidick

Thread: Vintage Stationary Engine

Vintage Stationary Engine

Ello Gents,
    Looking to buy and old stationary engine. Prefer running, but would consider a basket case if all crutial pieces are there. Im after something vintage, Anderson, Lister or similar. I see a few on trade me but many are in the SI. Ideally it would be within halve a days drive from Auckland.
    But that said Ill consider anything.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidick View Post
    Ello Gents,
    Looking to buy and old stationary engine. Prefer running, but would consider a basket case if all crutial pieces are there. Im after something vintage, Anderson, Lister or similar. I see a few on trade me but many are in the SI. Ideally it would be within halve a days drive from Auckland.
    But that said Ill consider anything.

Cheers.
    You missed by 2 weeks, just had a customer with a 3-1/2 HP double fly wheeled engine, sold it to another customer for $300.00, Murphys is a prick!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Bugger. would have been keen to get down on something like that. Keep an eye out for me Maca. Ill look after ya.

maybe contact the local vintage farm machinery club
    P38 likes this.

Caretaker
    I have a twin cyl Lister diesel on my sawbench

Runs well

Have to go snd see if its still in my uncles shed
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes View Post
    maybe contact the local vintage farm machinery club
    There is a strong club south Aucklandish. They put on operating displays at Clevedon and Karaka.
    If interested I may have a contact.

Remember though to own an old stationary engine you need to be elderly and wear bib front coveralls (coveralls) and have an oily piece of cotton waste in your hip pocket
    veitnamcam and gadgetman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    There is a strong club south Aucklandish. They put on operating displays at Clevedon and Karaka.
    If interested I may have a contact.

Remember though to own an old stationary engine you need to be elderly and wear bib front coveralls (coveralls) and have an oily piece of cotton waste in your hip pocket
    And smoke a cobb or suck on a piece of straw, with one arm round your niece!
    gadgetman likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Mates dad has a Chore Boy that he's had for several years but hasn't done anything with. I'll ask when I see him this weekend
    Maca49 likes this.

I know where there's a big single cylinder lister, not sure if it's a runner but listers never really die, they just stop for a breather. I'm up there next weekend, will ask

Haha cheers fella, I'm middle aged, have been known to wear bib overalls with egg stains, keep a bunky (bunk Rag) handy most the time, don't par take in the pipe but I am from Riverhead - so what can I say.

I have a Armstrong Seddeley 2cylinder in the pipe line, but keen for some thing proper old. Im after some slower rotating engines so I can run a few things of a overhead shaft. Early 1900s. Id be keen to look at yr dads ole mates Chore boy Tommy, even if he didnt want to sell.

I have had the privilege of meeting a old gent who has a workshop in Auckland who has been there since the early 1950's. Its like an Aladans cave. When I meet him I was dropping some parts off. Ended up there for about 2 1/2 hrs shooting the shit looking at his stuff. It was better than any museum I have been to. He had about 35 stationary engines and was thinking about selling a few off (oh oh pick me). I have been fortunate enough to meet some amazing engineers, tradesman in my time and see their handy work, this old boys place took the cake with Ken Macintosh's work shop a close 2nd. I was lucky enough to get a look through his shop a few years back. Both had kiwi history literally hanging off the walls.
    zimmer and sometimes like this.