Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Voere Magazine

Voere Magazine

Girlfriends father has given me a Voere 2107 (believe it's a 2107 anyway) for when i get my license, stays in his possession for now but it's the rifle i get to take when we go possum shooting. Has a very temperamental 5 round magazine and was wondering if anyone had a 10 shot one or knows where to find one?
    Bit of a long shot i think, haven't seen any for sale in nz.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

Steve burley arms is awaiting some arriving I believe

A friends got one that functions perfectly, will ask him about it to see if he has fiddled it to make it work

I have a 10 round one that didn’t feed, just had to gently bend the feed lips to get the cartridges to sit high enough without all flying out at once.
    More meplat, more better.

Is it a feed problem exactly? Make sure the extractors at the front of the bolt are clean. You need to pull off the retaining clip and pull it all apart.

I bought one recently for a project. It shoots incredibly well. All I’ve done is touch up the crown. If you look on the barrel there’ll be a small antler with a two digit number. This is the Ulm proof house mark, and date of manufacture. Mines a 66.

It's a bit of a franken magazine, there was a 10 and a 5 rounder but the 10 wouldn't seat in the gun no matter what we tried (took gentle encouragement from a hammer to get it out) and the 5 rounder was missing a spring and floor plate so after giving up on the 10 rounder we cut the spring to length and used the 10 rounders floor plate. I'm sure i could make it work nicely with a bit more tweaking but honestly the 5 rounder is a pain for possum shooting as i'm not the worlds greatest shot i'm reloading it constantly. Would really just prefer to find a source for some 10 rounders, even if they're gonna be expensive cos it's a pretty accurate rifle on paper.
    There was a voere with 2 spare 10 round magazines at hunting and fishing in dunedin but they wouldn't sell us one of the magazines by itself unfortunately.
    Last edited by Angus_A; 25-04-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7x64 View Post
    Is it a feed problem exactly? Make sure the extractors at the front of the bolt are clean. You need to pull off the retaining clip and pull it all apart.

I bought one recently for a project. It shoots incredibly well. All I’ve done is touch up the crown. If you look on the barrel there’ll be a small antler with a two digit number. This is the Ulm proof house mark, and date of manufacture. Mines a 66.
    Occasionally it won't feed and it often gums up when i'm loading it. Given the follower a polish and that helped but the problem is still there. I'll check the markings next time we go out.

Could try Brownells European site. There was a American site that sold mags but I forgot it.

Maybe if you measure the floor plate and spring you could try to find a magazine that has the same dimensions and modify it to fit.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Wonder if there's a magazine for another rifle out there that's easier to find and relatively simple to modify to work. That'd be ideal at this point.

I actually wonder if your mag is a voere from what you have said a picture may help

I'll take a few when i visit next. I think it was a mag for a voere semi auto that someone tried to convert to the 2107 because it had a blatantly homemade mag catch on it.

Voere are a bit of a bugger on that front, several different mags for different models, made in two different countries. The mags often look similar, but aren’t interchangeable.

Angus_A and rewa like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

How do you get them into nz though?