Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By bang
  • 1 Post By KAnderson717

Thread: Vortex Viper PST Gen 1 4-16x50FFP MOA

KA717

Vortex Viper PST Gen 1 4-16x50FFP MOA

Selling my Gen 1 PST 4-16x50FFP scope. Has the EBR1 MOA reticle with MOA turrets.

Pretty much new no scratches or knicks on it. Mounted on a long range rig that was only used for target shooting so has never had a day in the hills although it would do the job on a hunting rig better than most.

Good Clarity exceptional scope. Only reason for sale is want to keep all my scopes with MIL adjustments to keep it easy. Any deals on FFP mil scopes will be considered.
    Looking for $1000 firm.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

looks like these are on sale in states at the moment - you could get a new one to your door for something like $850-900.

https://www.eurooptic.com/vortex-vip...t-416f1-a.aspx
    tetawa, 300_BLK and DLW like this.

KA717
    Your probably looking at 750 for the scope. 50 for express shipping, Customs duty on that will be at least 150 probably more because of what they’ll export it as. 950 minus the time it takes to ship. Then you’ve got customs on export and import. New Zealand customs will be a nightmare with the current climate. The gun shops with legit export and import permits are struggling with them and they have more than what they need to satisfy customs. Plus their VIP warranty will not be easy to use if you buy from overseas not like buying from a local retailer.
    CooeeBay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bang View Post
    looks like these are on sale in states at the moment - you could get a new one to your door for something like $850-900.

https://www.eurooptic.com/vortex-vip...t-416f1-a.aspx
    Think itd be more like $1050-$1100 landed.

Quote Originally Posted by KAnderson717 View Post
    Your probably looking at 750 for the scope. 50 for express shipping, Customs duty on that will be at least 150 probably more because of what they’ll export it as. 950 minus the time it takes to ship. Then you’ve got customs on export and import. New Zealand customs will be a nightmare with the current climate. The gun shops with legit export and import permits are struggling with them and they have more than what they need to satisfy customs. Plus their VIP warranty will not be easy to use if you buy from overseas not like buying from a local retailer.
    The VIP Warranty is not covered in NZ if the unit is purchased from an overseas dealer. The same goes for some of the NZ dealers who are short tracking the network - they have to cover the warranty process themselves... https://vortexoptics.com/vip-warranty
    Peter Hackett
    peter@cooeebay.com
    +61418776862

Quote Originally Posted by CooeeBay View Post
    The VIP Warranty is not covered in NZ if the unit is purchased from an overseas dealer. The same goes for some of the NZ dealers who are short tracking the network - they have to cover the warranty process themselves... https://vortexoptics.com/vip-warranty
    Are you a local or overseas dealer or both ?

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....68/#post859939

Quote Originally Posted by CooeeBay View Post
    Nah that's bollocks. I bought a vortex from the states (online)years ago.. Either the optic zone or optics planet, can't remember. Had an issue with a dodgy turret, contacted vortex via their website details. Sent it. Received a new scope. Quite simply. Vortex don't sherk on their warranty that's for sure.

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

No its not bollocks @deepsouthaussie.

Can't remember if I wrote this up fully on here or not. I have at some point.

But I have spent a good amount of time discussing this in person with the Aus/NZ wholesaler Extravision at a Vortex promo meet and greet in Brisbane a couple of years ago.

And Ampro Sales in Wellington about Bushnell.

Haven't got time to get into it all now, but take a look at this statement from Extravision's website, then give them a call to discuss.

"With our full Australian and New Zealand Lifetime Warranty agreement for our Australian and New Zealand customers, you are assured of a LIFETIME of service. Always make sure you keep a copy of your receipt from the place of purchase as this will guarantee your Australian Lifetime service."

The global warranty claims are nowhere near as bulletproof as you might think. Pays to read the fine print very carefully.

They are protecting themselves against grey market imports. Same in the UK.
    Britain's Favourite Dog 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    No its not bollocks @deepsouthaussie.

Can't remember if I wrote this up fully on here or not. I have at some point.

But I have spent a good amount of time discussing this in person with the Aus/NZ wholesaler Extravision at a Vortex promo meet and greet in Brisbane a couple of years ago.

And Ampro Sales in Wellington about Bushnell.

Haven't got time to get into it all now, but take a look at this statement from Extravision's website, then give them a call to discuss.

"With our full Australian and New Zealand Lifetime Warranty agreement for our Australian and New Zealand customers, you are assured of a LIFETIME of service. Always make sure you keep a copy of your receipt from the place of purchase as this will guarantee your Australian Lifetime service."

The global warranty claims are nowhere near as bulletproof as you might think. Pays to read the fine print very carefully.

They are protecting themselves against grey market imports. Same in the UK.
    Firstly to the OP, sorry for the hijacked and good luck with your sale. I like vortex scopes!! and @Flyblown I'll stand corrected, do you know of any examples or warranty claims that have been rejected? In my own personal experience the vortex warranty was as good as I could of hoped for. I know of a couple others who've purchased online from US retailers and had warranty claims without an issue as well.

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk