Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MassiveAttack
  • 1 Post By muzza

Thread: Wanted ; 308 Win Die Set

Wanted ; 308 Win Die Set

whats out there? Nothing too expensive please ;-)
    Cats have nine lives-which makes them ideal for experimentation...

I've got an old set you can have for $20. RCBS I think, will have to check tonight.
    Hawkes Bay Rifle Club - http://www.sporty.co.nz/hbrc

Ejected
    Whatever you get, if you also get a Lee collet neck sizer ($50 from reloaders) then you will save yourself heaps of time, money and effort.
    dogmatix likes this.

Thanks guys. Appreciate that. Plan on reloading for my Omark Model 44

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    Thanks guys. Appreciate that. Plan on reloading for my Omark Model 44
    I'm all set up to go reloading for my Sportco/Omark 44 too (complete Hornady set up), haven't got a Lee Collet die yet. Still on the 'to buy' list.
    Rifle barrel being threaded for Waitaki Eng. suppressor, drilled and tapped for EGW 20 MOA rail off a Rem 700 (bought off another member - with 30mm rings). Also have access to a Krieger 13 twist barrel (brand new) and a used Lyttelton Musgrave action, which is being held for me, pending on how the original gear performs.
    Scope sitting in shed, Lapua plus other mixed brass, ADI 2208 powder, HBC and some 'play' bullets plus latest ADI load data (2016 off website - still waiting for Magnum Imports to supply the latest 2016 ADI reloading book which was paid for November last year).
    Ready to 'dance', but 'partner' still getting 'dressed'
    Be interested in seeng how you go - I'm very, very 'rusty', so practising with smallbore to brush up.
    Cheers

Bought this rifle on a whim.Plan on using central sights for now, might run to a scope down the track . Its a low budget project at present ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    Bought this rifle on a whim.Plan on using central sights for now, might run to a scope down the track . Its a low budget project at present ;-)
    Mine too - assuming that the 'old barrel' is still good enough.
    Otherwise?????
    Mine came with aperture sights and an assortment of front/rear sight fittings.
    Might fit these to an 'old ' Anschutz 1415 M54 .22 I bought for smallbore.
    This came fitted with an ex-Army 10 x 44 sniper scope, which the seller wanted back and hadn't built into the buy price.
    Have got an air rifle scope (4-12 X 44), on it at present, shooting CCI Target which I got off Cartman.
    Have also bought some Eley Club through the smallbore club, which it shot with pretty well (when I'm doing my bit - with both types).

Cheers
    Last edited by WallyR; 09-05-2016 at 05:30 PM.

The rifling on my barrel- its a Black Mountain by Lithgow - looks ok to my eye , and I expect a somewhat-worn target rifle will still shoot as well as many off-the-shelf sporters , or at least better than I can make it shoot . In the process of refinishing the stock at present , and accumulating reloading material. Have some 22208 and some 2206 , plus some 155 grain Gunworks Service Rifle projectiles. Just need that die set and we will be shooting ;-)
    WallyR likes this.
    Cats have nine lives-which makes them ideal for experimentation...