Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT 

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Wanted: 257 Roberts brass

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Does anyone have any spare 257 Roberts brass of any sort, or know where there is any new stuff on the shelves?

Thanks
    Reloader Supplies and NZ Ammo both have Norma
    100gr SP factory 257 Roberts ammo if that helps.
    Tahr, Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.

Got some brass here. How many do you want?
    Trout and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by garyp View Post
    Got some brass here. How many do you want?
    @garyp Wonderful thank you. I will PM you. I only have 20 borrowed cases at the moment so whatever you can spare to sell will be great.

Cheers
    Bruce
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    Leave the plurry thing alone......enjoy it as a .25 Bob...... thats what you wanted,and bought......or you may as well have bought a .25 creedmore or some such modern creation/basterdization .....
    begiggered if I can see the attraction in buying a rifle only to ship it off to be permanently altered before its even been fired...threaded for suppressor I CAN UNDERSTAND....but rechambered or whip off perfectly good barrel and change it...not so much.
    Agree 100%. I have a perfectly good Mk111 303 here, that appears to have had it's barrel hammered down to .25 calibre. I suspect it was done by a wayward Ozzy bastard many years ago. I'll heat the barrel up and fire a proper .303 174 gr round through it yet...should correct it nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    Agree 100%. I have a perfectly good Mk111 303 here, that appears to have had it's barrel hammered down to .25 calibre. I suspect it was done by a wayward Ozzy bastard many years ago. I'll heat the barrel up and fire a proper .303 174 gr round through it yet...should correct it nicely.
    ah but you see the said wayward ozzie barstard HAD A LEGITIMATE REASON to do so..... it was the done thing in OZ to get around laws and use a good action in worthwhile way.... the origonal .312 barrel might also have been poked beyond all hope of redemption..... it could have seen action in trenches and not seen a cleaning patch for months on end,rifling all but corroded away and the ensuring patterns rather than groups would make hitting the side of a large barn even fron within its confines somewhat problimatic....THIS I can understand.... the alteration was needed to make rifle once again function to a level worthy of getting it out of cabinet...now taking perfectly fine rifle that is more than accurate enough and rebarreling for stuff all real world gain seems to be just a waste of hard earned coin to me.
    but each to thier own... your bangstick,your money,your call...far be it for me to tell you how to live your life. life would be boring if we all did things the same way.
    outlander likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters