Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Wanted 270 brass

Wanted 270 brass

Looking for some 270 brass in particular I would like to get hold of once fired remington,PMC or winchester brass, been trying to get it on trademe but some bugger under the name rttf keeps driving the fuck out of the bidding whenever i find it so have given up on that place for brass.

If anyone has some brass that you don't want please let me know not interested in federal brass. must be once fired brass
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Ive got rem and win, and others if you want it. Will let you know what I have tonight mate. All once fired.

choice one @Gibo much appreciated how many remington cases have you got to spare? as i would really be keen on grabbing that if that will save you time going through what brands of brass you have available.

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    choice one @Gibo much appreciated how many remington cases have you got to spare? as i would really be keen on grabbing that if that will save you time going through what brands of brass you have available.
    They are all bagged and numbered so just need to grab em after work and let ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    Looking for some 270 brass in particular I would like to get hold of once fired remington,PMC or winchester brass, been trying to get it on trademe but some bugger under the name rttf keeps driving the fuck out of the bidding whenever i find it so have given up on that place for brass.

If anyone has some brass that you don't want please let me know not interested in federal brass. must be once fired brass
    Damn right. FC has to have the worst primer pockets for uniformity and most amount of crap in the flash holes of any brass I've used.
    I only use it in my semis, where I don't care how long it lasts.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Damn right. FC has to have the worst primer pockets for uniformity and most amount of crap in the flash holes of any brass I've used.
    I only use it in my semis, where I don't care how long it lasts.
    So far I have had one split neck and three with case heads with signs of iminent head separation with the federal brass and only on the second and third firing too and that was with my load that is just above minimum charge

AB Precision
    Maybe your bumping then to hard causing excessive head space?

Have some at home you can have think it's Hornady and rem

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam likes this.

Abe the die is bumping the shoulder back by 1 thou as I am full length sizing at present till I can get a decent neck size die (I do have a lee collet neck die but having trouble setting the bitch up so use it for decapping only)

Hi mate, no rem but got 47 once fired win here if ya want. Free
    Toby likes this.

Or bout the same in highland, or heaps in hornady

Winny brass in the post dude
    hunter308, Toby and BRADS like this.

While Im not going to say fed brass is awesome,I used it a lot for my barnes load (cos I didn't care if I lost it) and you could count the fireings just by looking at the case head(soft case heads) and had no problems with it at all.
    Grunta likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Agree with VC, I've used federal brass over the years and never had any issue with it. Have been using Nosler for the last year and I've never had issues with that either but people say its shit, so go figure

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    and you could count the fireings just by looking at the case head(soft case heads)
    Always handy!!
    veitnamcam likes this.

if you were in Auckland you would be welcome to dig in my trash brass bag I chucked 40 or more once fired norma brass (old packet) in there a couple of years ago as I had no use for it
    I wasn't thinking should of offered it up on the forums normally only f**ked brass goes in there