Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ebf

Thread: wanting a drop saw, Makita, dewalt, aeg, hitachi. second hand tidy

wanting a drop saw, Makita, dewalt, aeg, hitachi. second hand tidy

Hi there, i am wanting a second hand drop saw with sliding mechanism. It would be ideal to be one of these leading brands. Makita, dewalt, aeg, hitachi. Second hand tidy not after a thrashed machine. willing to spend $300-$500 obviously im not expecting top of the line saws for that money. I can only only pick up from local manuwatu area. I have seen bunning selling an sliding makita for $600 and a aeg for $550.

Manuwatu only

ebf
    Tim, check the Bunnings models against the full range at a place like Power Tool Centre.

Most of the budget models are nowhere near the same level of machine as the real deal.

It starts to matter if you are cutting mouldings and want repeatable cuts etc. For basic use they are ok, but buyer beware.
    Steve123 likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby
    Black rifles matter...

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dicko View Post
    Hi there, i am wanting a second hand drop saw with sliding mechanism. It would be ideal to be one of these leading brands. Makita, dewalt, aeg, hitachi. Second hand tidy not after a thrashed machine. willing to spend $300-$500 obviously im not expecting top of the line saws for that money. I can only only pick up from local manuwatu area. I have seen bunning selling an sliding makita for $600 and a aeg for $550.

Manuwatu only
    Surely your boss needs one for ‘work’ then you can just borrow it for the weekend.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Tim, check the Bunnings models against the full range at a place like Power Tool Centre.

Most of the budget models are nowhere near the same level of machine as the real deal.

It starts to matter if you are cutting mouldings and want repeatable cuts etc. For basic use they are ok, but buyer beware.
    Cheers for that, i will take a look, i am after repeatable cuts it is very frustrating being almost accurate....... especially when you see them every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Shootm View Post
    Surely your boss needs one for ‘work’ then you can just borrow it for the weekend.
    I swapped job doing something similiar to you. He had small crappy ones that would not do it. cheers anyway though.

It's always interesting to play with various models at stores. If you tension them sideways, the cheapies will always flex offline. Solid tight-tolerance engineering will never be cheap.

Makita or DeWhat, the early elu’s are nice, very accurate, before they became B&D and the DeWhat. Dewalt is owned by B&D.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

There’s an Elu dropsaw on Trademe, north shore $220 start, 38 freight, I think
    Boom, cough,cough,cough